• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Endorphine rush

Poopasaurous! said:
Lmao.... It's not a joke or idea. It's a fact unless you don't feel pain. Try it out.
I'll try it with a chocolate hab very soon and if that doesn't work I'll try a brain strain or a bubblegum when I can harvest some.

CMJ said:
Sweet! Now try the Brain Strain!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
When I can harvest some I'll post about it, either that or a bubblegum.
hogleg said:

You did it? you ate the hab and caught a buzz?  :fireball:
Yeah, it wasn't ginormous, but I could feel a tingling in my hands.  Definitely noticable.

charlie5heen said:
I didn't mean to say it that way, but I've never heard of anyone getting a buzz/rush from it until just recently, I am very open to the idea of it being true though.  If it doesn't effect me then it probably will effect some else.  When I say it sounds like a joke it's just counter intuitive to everything I've thought before.  I just never would've thought eating something most people would consider part of Satan's body would later make them feel good.
Well endorphins act as natural pain relievers. You burn yourself on the stove and it becomes slightly less horrible as the endorphins kick in but the pain from the burn continues. With hot peppers the pain (what the capsaicin receptors interpret as pain) subsides and you're just left with the endorphins. It's comparable to running far enough to get a "runner's high" then stopping - well except no sore muscles with hot peppers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elchris76 said:
Well endorphins act as natural pain relievers. You burn yourself on the stove and it becomes slightly less horrible as the endorphins kick in but the pain from the burn continues. With hot peppers the pain (what the capsaicin receptors interpret as pain) subsides and you're just left with the endorphins. It's comparable to running far enough to get a "runner's high" then stopping - well except no sore muscles with hot peppers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And as a chemical it is metabolized whereas burns and muscle tears can't be, so you truly are left with the endorphin's.

Back