• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

EnviroGro T5 4FT 8 Tube Fixture

OK guys what are your thoughts is it worth the investment ? Will it save any money in the power bill VS, 8 T8 bulbs..

I dont know what the billing rates are there but i use a Sunleaves Pioneer VIII T5 fixture and my bill doubles from about 62 a month to about 115 -135 a month. that was for 16/8 light cycle. and it is about 430 watts

OK I am pretty sure this is how find out what will cost me .. To calculate your cost, multiply the bulb wattage X the number of hours of operation and divide by 1000. This figure is the number of kilowatt-hours of electricity used. (Example: a 400 watt lamp running for 18 hours will use 7.2 kilowatt-hours). Check your power bill for the cost of each kilowatt-hour. Then multiply the number of kilowatt-hours used by the cost of a kilowatt-hour (K/hr) to figure the cost to run your light for that many hours.

T8 and T5 lamps have about the same lumens/watt, so, no matter what your elec costs, the cost to operate equal wattage lamps will be the same.

Yea thats what I was thinking and Is what my math shows.. So I will just use 6-8 T8 lamp's.. That should fix my issue of weak plants by not starting so late in the year. Oregon is not pepper weather...

Back