• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Epiphyllum!

Got a good epi bloom tonight! Purty! Anybody else growing these?

11263616275_de30298419_o.jpg

Beautiful! I got interested in epis last year. My neighbor gave me a pink one---couldn't believe how gorgeeous it was. A coworker has given me a red one, and I can't wait for it to flower. I'm concerned that these things could get addictive---just like chile peppers!

Very nice. I use to have several of these. Everyone thought what an ugly cactus, until they bloomed! 

Phil said:

It's called an epiphyllum, also known as an epi..... or flowering cactus. They have flat, heavy, rubbery "leaves". The plant itself is sort of an oddball, but the flowers make it worth it.
yes i know they are catus and admit i had to look it up, i didnt really know weather it was a Aquatic lily until i checked, i was a little in doubt right away because the anthers,steaman, and padunkle looked compleatly differant than any pond lily i knew of

this comes from years of working for and helping run one of three pet shops

i had a small Sawaro catus when i was young (about 1979-80) or at least that what the department store i bought it from labeled it as, i think this was before they became protected?? it flowered once but cant remember what color it was i seem to remember it being yellow ?????(not sure)
i eventually killed it with too much water :tear:

thanks your friend Joe

Back