• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Epsom Salt??

Went to wal-mart and picked up some epsom,I got a 32oz spray bottle about how much epsom should i add to the bottle so i can Foliar feed my plants????

Straticus said:
I've had a bad experience with epsom, I'd say too little before too much for sure.

I've used it and too little is better than too much as mentioned above. I've since found a micro-nutrient called Fetrilon-Combi 1. Better I think.

HOH, I am having a really shi!!y germination year, I have tried: soaking seeds for 12 hours in epsom salts, 12 hours in peroxide mix, seed starter soil and peat pellets and baggie germination. So far, what has partially worked is tap water on paper towel then slip into a baggie with the bag being placed on a heater pad with a couple of pieces of card board under the bag as to not to cook the seeds - once sprouted the seeds were placed in starter soil. Epsom salt soak appears to have little advantage for seed starting. The peroxide was 3%(bought from Walmart) mixed half peroxide & water, 24hrs, then into peat pellets - nothing from this technique after 2 weeks(Golden Habs, Bishop Caps).

Noodles, the spray bottle is for misting, not spraying, not bathing, not soaking, not washing....... misting....... I mist at different times during the growth cycle. In winter, in the morning, I put my plants(in 1 gallon containers) into my bathtub and feed with two cups of water, wait 15 minutes or so, then follow with another glass of water. The first watering is a catalyst to soak the soil, the gallon containers drain really well with the soil I have. Then, I mist the plants from the top with 2 squirts, one on each side of the plant. I wipe the bottom of my containers and put them on a large south facing window ledge(inside the house). In summer, I mist in the early morning before the hot sun hits(outside) and on those cool summer/fall nights, I bring the plants in the house and mist in the evening(in the morning the plants are sitting up and perky).

BC, I have several varieties in coffee filters/Baggies sitting on a heating pad right now, the heating pad is on low and I set a temp gauge on it steadily stays between 86f to 88f. Hopefully I get something I am on week 2 right now.

Burning colon, try RO water for your seeds 1 QT water 2 tbls peroxide, coffee filter folded in half in a baggie at 86 degrees. works great for me. if no axcess to ro water try filling up 5 gal bucket with water, drop in air line from cheapo walmart fish tank pump for 24 hours, air will remove bad shit from water. also only soak seed for 12 hours.

Back