• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Epsom salts help

Right guys I need some help with using Epsom salts ... Have read so much about the use of epsom salts in growing chillies on the web, which is all so confusing at times lol... So I turn to you guys for advice and help. This season will be the first time I use Epsom salts ... So what do I do with the stuff in terms of germination through to harvesting chillies etc ... Have heard its good for foliage ,larger chillies etc . All advice and help will be gratefully appreciated guys . Either reply to post or inbox your advice & answers .

Thanks rudeboy

Hey Jason! :D

The way I use epsom salts, is when the seedling gets 3 to 4 sets of true leaves ill sprinkle the salt over the surface of the plant's dirt, not too much, just enough for a thin covering. So probably like a tablespoon or a little less per plant (mind you i have plants in solo cups, so the surface area is smaller, if you have larger pots then use more salts accordingly so the soil is covered). I hope that helps a bit!

The way I use epsom salts, is when the seedling gets 3 to 4 sets of true leaves ill sprinkle the salt over the surface of the plant's dirt, not too much, just enough for a thin covering. So probably like a tablespoon or a little less per plant (mind you i have plants in solo cups, so the surface area is smaller, if you have larger pots then use more salts accordingly so the soil is covered). I hope that helps a bit!

+1

+1 i do just about the same thing

thanks your friend Joe

I usually wait till the are much bigger and use 1Tbs to one gal of water twice a month and supplement with a foliar spray - This is more for my Rocotos and Manzanos - I will follow this for other plants if I notice the coloring in the leaves are pale(r) in coloration. I dont use it for germination. Im not sure about bigger pods but I would say it helps when there is blossom drop.

When using in the past I'd dilute in water - couple tablespoons to a gallon.

I'll leave you to the links others have posted - just magnesium - not that mysterious.
;)

Back