Epson salt spray

Just a quick question how much salt per quart for spraying your pepper plants ? Thanks ! google didn't help hence this question here.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I am no expert but I spray foliage and it drips to soil so both are accomplished. 
Knock em out with one step, just my style. Killing 2 birds with one stone. :cheers: 

For all my experience growing other plants and new experience growing peppers, I must admit I have never done foliar feeding.  Does it make that big of a difference?  I just never liked the idea of salts and deposits building up on the leafs.  Rain from the sky (as opposed to spontaneous?) is the only liquid that touches the actual plants for me.

EliteMcScruffin said:
For all my experience growing other plants and new experience growing peppers, I must admit I have never done foliar feeding.  Does it make that big of a difference?  I just never liked the idea of salts and deposits building up on the leafs.  Rain from the sky (as opposed to spontaneous?) is the only liquid that touches the actual plants for me.

My plants get it all.  From nearly fresh cow manure, compost tea, epsom salt, synthetic ferts(on different plants), dirt from splash up, and rain and hose water.  We think too much when it comes to caring for our plants.  They have survived forEVER without our help.  Now, newer engineered types like bells and jals need more help and better care since they did not evolve in nature but in a lab.  The true wilds I grow do far better with nearly no care at all compared to even feeding them compost tea.  My bells need constant attention to produce more than a couple fruits.  I have an annuum var glabriusculum(wild pequin) growing in a pot with my native CLAY soil.  That is it, no aeration, no amendments.  Just clay.  This plant is NUTS.  I will post up a pic here soon.

millworkman said:

My plants get it all.  From nearly fresh cow manure, compost tea, epsom salt, synthetic ferts(on different plants), dirt from splash up, and rain and hose water.  We think too much when it comes to caring for our plants.  They have survived forEVER without our help.  Now, newer engineered types like bells and jals need more help and better care since they did not evolve in nature but in a lab.  The true wilds I grow do far better with nearly no care at all compared to even feeding them compost tea.  My bells need constant attention to produce more than a couple fruits.  I have an annuum var glabriusculum(wild pequin) growing in a pot with my native CLAY soil.  That is it, no aeration, no amendments.  Just clay.  This plant is NUTS.  I will post up a pic here soon.

Interesting... thanks and sorry for having a slightly off topic question!  I was curious on the mix for epsom foliar feeding which is what brought the original question on in the first place.

What does the Epsom salt foliar spray benefit? Or in lay men and terms what does it do? I know I can google and find out but asking in case someone might be wondering the same like me....;)

EliteMcScruffin said:

Interesting... thanks and sorry for having a slightly off topic question!  I was curious on the mix for epsom foliar feeding which is what brought the original question on in the first place.

Not a problem.  Here is the picture of the wild from earlier.  Going crazy in just clay.

sp33d said:
What does the Epsom salt foliar spray benefit? Or in lay men and terms what does it do? I know I can google and find out but asking in case someone might be wondering the same like me.... ;)

Magnesium Sulfate.  Plants need both elements.  Sometimes plants can get into nute lockup from too much of one kind, the magnesium helps remove the lockup so that the plants can uptake all nutrients again.  Sulfur is necessary for chlorophyll production.

millworkman said:
Magnesium Sulfate.  Plants need both elements.  Sometimes plants can get into nute lockup from too much of one kind, the magnesium helps remove the lockup so that the plants can uptake all nutrients again.  Sulfur is necessary for chlorophyll production.
Thank you kind sir....

Yep epson spray is a part of my feeding schedule.I dumped my flora series program 3 weeks ago.With as many plants that I feed I could see me running out before I got a good handle on it.I went back to 24-8-16 MG,1 cup 15 gallon water.Every other week.either epson spay or fish fert spray.They have not died yet,but that could be the heavy rainfall saving me from myself.We will see in the middle of July. ;)

Is their more of a benefit from one of either Epsom salt foliar spray or fish fert foliar spray? Or do they each have their separate/equal benefit?

sp33d said:
Is their more of a benefit from one of either Epsom salt foliar spray or fish fert foliar spray? Or do they each have their separate/equal benefit?
       The fish fert helps with the nitrogen,and its organic I think.I don't know all the little details of how all of it comes together,but the plants have been telling me they are pissed I'm messing with them.

Back