• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Equal parts used of GH Flora Series?

I see lots of supporters of using equal amounts of the GH flora series, such as Willard and others.
Which brings the NPK close but a little off.

My question is when using them equally, what are you running for a PPM. I see my pepper plants flourish at 1000 and have huge great big leaves
but that's because the Nitrogen is high. I want big peppers not big leaves.

So next nutrient change I'm going to equal them right out, but what is your optimum PPM

WHATS THE SWEET MAGIC PPM NUMBER! that make YOUR peppers big.

thanks a bunch willard3, I will start my new plants at that and see what happens.

I just have to now find out the ml measurements for 4 gallons of water to make them 500ppm or so.

Best thing I've found for mixing nutrients is a calibrated medicine dropper.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=369106&catid=186637&aid=338666&aparam=369106&scinit1=pla&scinit2={keyword}

I have a HM Digital TDS-EZ Meter

I was just concerned for mixing.

I know to use micro/grow/bloom as mixing

but what If I end up under the 450 ppm, and want to add more micro or bloom or grow? will it cause a lockout? adding more later?

ok I will try that... I'm just not thinking it through.. ill find the right mix at a small amount like half gallon/gallon. And just water some houseplants with it.
then equate it out to my 4 gallons from there..

thanks.. willard3

Try not to overthink hydroponics......it's a lot simpler than growing in soil.

There are only a couple of variables and, if you measure stuff, you are in control of them.

I have been thinking about doing this also. Is GH Floral what is recommend or can I use another brand? I've been using Cutting Edge Solution, with excellent results. I've been following their nute schedule. Thank you.

Regards,
Edward

I just ran out of of the GH Flora, but I bought Jungle Juice, which I got a bit cheaper, and I have had no visible difference on my plants since changing from Flora Series to JJ. I think there marketing is all hyped up, as the Hydro store says, but the NPK ratios are identical, and its a bit cheaper.

I just ran out of of the GH Flora, but I bought Jungle Juice, which I got a bit cheaper, and I have had no visible difference on my plants since changing from Flora Series to JJ. I think there marketing is all hyped up, as the Hydro store says, but the NPK ratios are identical, and its a bit cheaper.
Thanks for the info. I'd rather not use GH. I had crazy PH fluctuations with it. I know that my PH problem could have been something other than the nutes, but when I switched to a different brand, no more fluctuations. I'll try the Jungle Juice. My Hydro shops sells it.

Edward

Back