• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health established plants all dying ???

I have been chopping and bringing my plants inside for the winter for the last 5 years and I have some pretty big plants with big trunks and root balls. They have always been healthy and I take very good care of them. A few weeks ago I reported them into new containers with new soil and amendments like I always do. For the last week, every day, a plant wilts badly and dies and then the next day, another and another. These plants had nice, new leaves and were starting to flower already.
Now they are all dead and I have no idea what is going on.
I am kinda devastated.
Anyone care to pitch in their thoughts, questions, comments?? or lead me to another source for help?
I can post pictures of them..

tangripper said:
I have been chopping and bringing my plants inside for the winter for the last 5 years and I have some pretty big plants with big trunks and root balls. They have always been healthy and I take very good care of them. A few weeks ago I reported them into new containers with new soil and amendments like I always do. For the last week, every day, a plant wilts badly and dies and then the next day, another and another. These plants had nice, new leaves and were starting to flower already.
I am kinda devastated.
Anyone care to pitch in their thoughts, questions, comments?? or lead me to another source for help?
2,4-d spraying neighbors?

Pics are helpful!

tangripper said:
I am kinda devastated.

peppers are perennials but I don't know if they are that long lived. if I remember correctly from reading the growing scotch bonnet guide from CARDI they typically only get a few years of production from the plants before they begin to die back and lose productiveness. your plants may have simply reached the end of their life. alternatively the other option would be some sort of root disease or maybe something off in your soil mix? did you cut the roots back before repotting? are your roots drowning? too hot on the amendments? root mites? root aphids? drastic wilting and turn around like that suggest that something is off with the roots.

Back