• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Evil looking pod

So i was at a chili festival recently, and at this place they had opened up the gardens. In the gardens where plenty of green houses containing chili plants, they had hundreds of verities all loaded with ripe pods... many plant's had pod's that where beginning to rot on the plant as they had been left on for to long. So i plucked a pod with the intention of hopefully growing plant's from its seed next year.

I kind of feel bad for doing it.. but i keep telling myself it was just going to rot anyway. :tear:  :mope:  :confused:

Its a Red 7-pot Habanero (as it was labeled)

As  you can see it literally is oozing with oil after i cut it open for de-seeding. Unlike my own Red Brainstrains this pod is very pungent in odor, my room stunk after i cut it up, and now so does the fridge.

I licked the knife i used on the pod and i can say this is a viciously  :hot: pod.

Why in the world would they be lettin chilies rot?! I'd'a had my shirt off, knotted, and full of peppers. No shame. Shame is in lettin things waste away.

Nice moruga!

Its a Moruga? 

I just figured it was Red 7-pot but shaped like my Yellow 7's - but the smell is Moruga like (more pungent).

I guess it looks like a Moruga lol

AaronRiot said:
Why in the world would they be lettin chilies rot?! I'd'a had my shirt off, knotted, and full of peppers. No shame. Shame is in lettin things waste away.

Nice moruga!

I guess they weren't growing them for consumption, they had flower, herb, fruit orchards. They had loads of other vegetables including a greenhouse full of tomato varieties. 

Back