dehydrators EXCALIBUR DEHYDRATORS 2400 PROBLEM?

alkhall said:
I put around twenty whole Brown Morugas in my Nesco FD-80 Friday afternoon, and this morning (about fifty hours later) they are dry.

Cayennes usually take twelve to sixteen jours to dry.

Maybe there is something wrong with your dehydrator?

been 25 hours and still not dry maybe

Well it would almost take faster with a rope on the window, what the point of dehydrator if its that long? been 30 hours with the top cut off and still flexible 

a dehydrator just uses heat and air currents.

if you want something dried out very quickly,i would suggest applying a strong vacuum, and heat.

I'll stick with my convection oven. I can do 2 cookie sheets of brown moruga in a couple of hours.
If I filled the oven with racks, who knows how much else.

Maybe I'll do some venison jerky this year. I still have 2 deer in the freezer and season is 3 weeks away

Dude - I just started dehydrating (peppers split in half) a tray  of  Yellow Fatalli's and Yellow Ghosts.  I'm not even going to check the unit until Friday night.  This takes a while.  To test, use the snap test - If you try to break one of the pieces from the middle, it should snap.  If it does not, it still has too much moisture.

charlesquik said:
I just dont understand how some people can do it in 10 hours with nesco stuff
Maybe they fry the pods at high temps.  I dehydrate mine at 95f—The lowest setting.  This retains all of the color and flavor.  It is worth the wait.  I don't think the Nesco uses a lot of electricity, so nothing to worry about.

charlesquik said:
Im really new to peppers and dehydrator I bought this one because it had good review and I don't know if its working properly

For a test I've put 10 cayenne on a tray (whole peppers) and its been on the vegetables settings for like 12 hours and it still like fresh. Is there something wrong? The interior do not seem really hot for 57 celcius ( but there is some heat and a airflow)

Thank you guys

I dunno man, 135F for 12 hours and "still like fresh"? Doesn't sound like an Excalibur to me, whole pods or not.

I have a nine tray Excalibur and dehydrate whole pods all the time. I do cut the stem/caylx off to allow moisture to escape. I dry at 110F, and they're done in 12 hours or less.

How's yours behaving now?

DownRiver said:

I dunno man, 135F for 12 hours and "still like fresh"? Doesn't sound like an Excalibur to me, whole pods or not.

I have a nine tray Excalibur and dehydrate whole pods all the time. I do cut the stem/caylx off to allow moisture to escape. I dry at 110F, and they're done in 12 hours or less.

How's yours behaving now?
3-4 days with stem off for cayenne which are reputed for thin flesh

The excalibur didnt come in the original box but in a cardboard box without any protection, it was dusty on arrival. Shipped by ups so i assume it got kicked around in the warehouse. Bought it from juicers4life or something like that.

Do you have a wireless thermometer for grills/smoking? I would check the temperature and see if it is working properly. They are awesome pieces of equipment and something does sound off with yours.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Do you have a wireless thermometer for grills/smoking? I would check the temperature and see if it is working properly. They are awesome pieces of equipment and something does sound off with yours.

alright I tested it with my digital thermometer for grills and temp are  off 

68 °C show 47 °C
46 °C show 28 °C
35 °C show 26 °C 

This unit is faulty

now I understand why it was long haha

charlesquik said:
3-4 days with stem off for cayenne which are reputed for thin flesh

The excalibur didnt come in the original box but in a cardboard box without any protection, it was dusty on arrival. Shipped by ups so i assume it got kicked around in the warehouse. Bought it from juicers4life or something like that.

Sounds used to me.

They told me all the warrenty are done by excalibur ( good job throwing your problem to excalibur ) and now im trying to contact excalibur and the international adress
Int'l: Sales@GreenfieldWorld.com isnt even working it return me a failure to send email.

Trying to phone them, they say its closed, what??? closed a Wednesday 10 am?????!!!

Im discouraged...

Back