• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Experts needed ! : what is the best way to plant from seed in my country ?

hello there. last year i gave it a shot and wanted to plant peppers. but i failed

i am from kuwait

it is 40+ degrees Celsius out side !

i need to know what is the best way to plant from seed

is it too hot for my seeds?

what is the best way to "start" the plant from seed (indoor , outdoor ) (paper towel or what?)

please help i want full info

Hopefully Omri or CaptainPepper will drop by. They aren't exactly close to you, but probably the closest THP members. 40C is too hot for seeds. You should probably start them inside. As for what to start them in, that is really a personal choice. Everyone swears by a different method. What method did you try the last time?

You want to limit the germination temps to about 32 celcius. I like to use jiffy pellets to start my seeds but have also had success with a 50/50 mix of seed raising mix and coco coir.

how do i start inside (how do i make the temp 32) ... in my country they do not sell stuff like seed warmers and heat pads

You could try something like this. I use the same method and have had some excellent results.
Aquarium heaters can be found on ebay.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/11254-dunno-aquariumponics/page__view__findpost__p__218896__fromsearch__1

Ebay listing for heater- http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50w-Automatic-submersible-Aquarium-Fish-Tank-Heater-AU-/120708467890?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&hash=item1c1ac90cb2

what are the temperatures inside? would you need heaters to get close to 32? Maybe just make one room in the house warmer then the rest.
if the air temp is 32 then after a while wont whatever he is germinating in be 32 as well?

Yeah but who wants to heat a room to 32 when you can use a 50watt heater to do the same thing?
My guess is that air-con would be going 24/7 over in Kuwait, god knows i would have it cranking! Also with this method the humidity is somewhat controlled in an enclosed environment.

If you have running water that is cold I would consider making a swamp cooler, doesn't have to be big but may get the job done.

Guess I must be missing the boat here, seems like the temp is already to hot, inside or outside!

Well, you've got what you've got, so; coco coir (ground coconut husks) washed through once and put in thumb pots. Plant your seeds NOT more than 6mm deep and just keep the coir damp. Of course keep them out of the sun.
After they've germinated plant them in a good quality soil and it's very likely you'll need at least a 50% shade cloth because direct sun will likely be too hot, good luck. Cheers.

thanks for all the comments . here is the extra info: my house is not cooled by air conditioners , it is "Ducted air conditioning".

any ways .... hoping for new answers
thanks

thanks for all the comments . here is the extra info: my house is not cooled by air conditioners , it is "Ducted air conditioning".

any ways .... hoping for new answers
thanks

What is the average temperature in your house; where you'll germinate the seeds? I understand central air-con.

it is 22-23C

Really, wow. Actually that is probably too cool; 28 - 32 is ideal. Stick them outside, in the shade only, and let nature take it's course.
If any sprout, get them into some direct, filtered (shade cloth), sunlight as-soon-as-possible. Cheers. :)

You could also simply place them on top of a warmer area in your house, e.g. on top of a refrigerator or TV that produces a little heat, or under a light bulb. They don't need to be 30C to germinate, it just speeds up the process and increases the percentages a little. If you can keep them at 25C you should still get good results.

You want to limit the germination temps to about 32 celcius. I like to use jiffy pellets to start my seeds but have also had success with a 50/50 mix of seed raising mix and coco coir.

You say that but I set my heat mat (read: electric fry pan full of sand) too high and the pellets were 41c. I had a germination explosion, just about everything in that lot sprouted in about 3 days.

The biggest problem I have with heat is during fruiting.

Interesting, by that he should be able to simply germinate outside.
I'm turning the temp up to 40 celcius in my germ box when i get home, if i cook my seeds i'm blaming you! :lol:

Interesting, by that he should be able to simply germinate outside.
I'm turning the temp up to 40 celcius in my germ box when i get home, if i cook my seeds i'm blaming you! :lol:

X2...
except the germ box part.. thats on top the fridge.. which oddly enough is pretty much the same temp as everywhere else. lol..

Back