• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Extract... thoughts and opinions?

I think one of the reasons I like the Chile Pepper Co. stuff is that they mix real peppers, fruits *and* extract to great effect. Seems the UK extract products ar a bit different from what I've had in the US.

Stuff like Endorphin Rush rots my gut and burns my azz, but these UK products don't seem to in the same way.

Different processing or laws on how it's made perhaps?

Diabolus said:
Strange thread. Everybody is saying that extracts suck, yet Defcon who everybody loves uses extracts. What is up with that?

Defcon makes his extract in a super secret special way that does not involve the chemicals that others use that cause the nasty metallic taste you find in other extract sauces.

JayT said:
Defcon makes his extract in a super secret special way that does not involve the chemicals that others use that cause the nasty metallic taste you find in other extract sauces.

I think the secret is in his eyes....:shocked:

I feel that any good cook can use any kind of sauce or extract and make it work.

A naga is hotter than most people can take but I make a killer naga burger that anyone can eat.

I have zero and it is an odd tasting thing but dip a toothpick in it and mix a spoonfull of mayo and make a sandwich and it is dam good.

all how you use it!!

Vanilla extract, or a fresh vanilla bean, both have their uses.

JayT said:

Hmmm, in that case, I might have to try Defcon...

Has he actually stated that, or is that just the consensus because you can't taste it?

JayT said:

Haha Jay, that was brilliant. You must be a salesman or something.

I actually can't wait to try Defcon's stuff. I finally know where to get some locally here. Personally I don't have an opinion on extracts yet because I've only had natural sauces so far.

in general I dont like hot sauces that have extracts in them & stay away from them, but like it has been said - its all in how they use'em.
cuz theres a couple I dont mind, then theres some that are so nasty I'll never use that sauce again!

Back