• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Extreme gardening products

Yesterday I went to the local hydroponic store to pick up a new seed starting set up. I was given some samples from this extreme gardening. The samples were Azos, CalCarb, and Mykos WP. From what I understand they are supposed to be organically based. I'm going to give them a try but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these?

For a second, I thought we would be talking about nuclear powered shovels, ha ha ha! I've never heard of that brand..

I looked a little into the brand and I think it is actually made by Reforestation Technologies International (RTI). It looks like a lot of inoculants of micro organisms that benefit the plants.

My heat mat kit came with a free sample of Mykos mycrohazie (sp) stuff. Sprinkle a bit on top of the planting cells, unleash micro-organisms. Sounds good to me.... :cool:

Are you using it in pots or garden? I read it does better in gardens because there are more factors in potted plants that can kill it off.

I use their Mykos and Azos for every transplant. I see a HUGE difference from when I first started growing without it! I love their feeder packs too, scored a pack of 500 for $31 on Amazon with free shipping. Not that price anymore, but it will last forever.

No better place to buy their products than on Amazon. Cheapest by far.

Thanks so much!!!! I WONDERED what your secret was! your plants are so beautiful! I'm ordering them right now and stuff to make tea with.

Thanks so much!!!! I WONDERED what your secret was! your plants are so beautiful! I'm ordering them right now and stuff to make tea with.

Well that is definitely part of why they are so healthy! :) Teas will do wonders for you. Don't waste money on their tea packs. Buy your own ingredients and you can also use their feeder packs in the teas. Good luck! ;)

i already have kelp and fish emulsion and am thinking maybe some bat guano too for the tea.

What's the purpose of the feeder packs?

i already have kelp and fish emulsion and am thinking maybe some bat guano too for the tea.

What's the purpose of the feeder packs?

The feeder packs are suppose to be used at transplant, under the root ball and it's a slow release fertilizer for the plants. But honestly I didn't like using them that way, so I throw two feeder packs in each batch of tea I make. I use Seabird Guano for a high nitrogen tea and bat guano for high Phos.

hmmm i think i'll skip the feeder packs... i have liquid humic acid that i've been using, it chelates the nutrients and makes big roots; i've been pretty happy with it. it also reduces transplant shock if you dip it in a light solution. Originally I got it to use for foliar feeding to jam pack my plants with nutrients but i've been pretty happy with regular watering... the plants were shooting roots out of the main stem, searching for dirt and if they touched anything they exploded into it; played around with putting clumps of dirt barely touching it and watching it spread through. very cool stuff...

As previously stated I use the non-organic feeder packs as prescribed. Three to a 5-7gallon bucket. So easy so effective. I have had buckets without them and buckets with them and it is easy to tell which is which.
It is clear that some of you really love your plants and probably manage things better than moi' . I am nervous about over/under feeding my plants and the feeder packs may not be perfect but they are better than what I would do without them.
This is one of those products where I know there is a big difference.

Back