• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment Extreme Heat Mustard Fever, from Brazos Legends

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]I ended up heading out to fast food with the family, and I didn't have any sauce on me [/background] :(
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]So I made a pit stop at a store and found this on the shelf: [/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]
eh-mustard-fever.jpg
[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)](Pic from their web site)[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]I planned on a chicken sandwich when we got to the restaurant, so I thought this would go nicely. And with a name like "Extreme Heat, Mustard Fever," how could I pass it up, right? [/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]The ingredients are:[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]"Pepper, Vinegar, Mustard, Honey, Salt, Spices, and Xanthan Gum"[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]I'm assuming that by "pepper" they mean chiles, not the spice. But judging by the heat (or lack of it) it's hard to tell.[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Now, this is an American company, and I hate to slam them, but come on. There is nothing extreme about this product. The heat level is about on par with Frank's Red Hot, maybe less. This is a case where the name deceptively drew me into buying.[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]As far as the flavor, it is OK. Very thin for a honey mustard, if that is what you are comparing it to. It really has the presence of a honey mustard with Frank's stirred in. Nothing special in the flavor department, but it wasn't bad. I still doused my sandwich with it. But that was mainly to get some sort of heat out of it, not because I was loving it.[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Overall, quite a disappointment for me. [/background]

Back