• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Eye Candy

I've enjoyed looking at all the pepper photos so I thought I should contribute some myself.

IMG_4312rre.jpg

You all know the Hot Paper Lantern, the Red Habs, and the Bhut jolokia. The three on the left I'm not sure of. They're either Congo Trinidad or Cachucha. I suppose I could eat one to figure it out as the Cachucha are not hot.

Hope you enjoyed oggling my pepper pic. I know I am.

Yeah, they look really good and nasty at the same time.

You're right. Taking a bite might ccause some pain, but you'll know what you have there. C'mon!!! :)

I agree with Chiliac! You should take a bite or at least a slice. I heard Congos are pretty hot, so you should know right away between the two you were talking about. The only thing is that, the Congos are normaly huge habanero type peppers?

Great looking chiles by the way!;):onfire:

Very nice collection and thanks for sharing. I agree with the others, you have to try a bite of each (no matter how small) just so you know their taste. Then you can gage how to best use them.

very nice photo Patrick of some good looking peppers...

Hate to say this but I've yet to try one of the Hot Paper Lanterns. I suppose I've got to get to it then. I don't know if hanging out with you folks is a good idea or not.;)

I'll be back.

nice looking chiles (nice red color) & congrats
& I see you already foundout that those 3 pods are not congo trinidad, cuz congos dont grow in that shape nor skin texture.

Got a good burn going here three minutes into it, mainly on the tongue. Some throat heat but not bad there. The inside of my mouth is pretty warm as are the corners of my lips. Tolerable and a very distant second to the heat of a Red Savina.

You get a few seconds to taste the flavor before the heat hits and it's pretty good. Sort of sweet with a mellow pepper flavor.

Seven minutes into it and the heat is mainly on my tongue and the inside of my mouth. It's slowly dissipating.

Ten minutes into it and the heat is all but gone. Pleasant experience all around.

In the first couple of minutes as the heat was building I would describe it as a sharp, focused heat. Wish I could explain it better.

That's that.:)

Back