• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer EZ-FLO fertilizer injector review

SadisticPeppers

Business Member
As mentioned in my Oceanside Glog, I ordered the EZ-Flo fertilizer injector and figured I'd do a review on it once it came and I finished installing it.

1%20gal%20hose.jpg

The injector itself is almost idiot-proof to install. Note the emphasis on almost.. In the instruction manual (read: anorexic pamphlet), there is a "blink and you miss it" portion which states that the inline plastic portion of it must be the FINAL item installed. If you wanted to just straight up water plants and didn't have backflow stoppers, PSI restrictors, etc., then the above picture would be exactly how you should install the injector. However, with all the items I had, including the timer, I had to screw the inline injector directly onto the drip irrigation line. That little tidbit alone took me over 45 minutes to figure out before I read and re-read the little instruction booklet. 

Other than that little detail, I found the installation of it to be blindingly easy, which is saying something, considering my klutzy nature. The system includes inline shut-off valves both for the water in and fertilizer out that stop the water from going into the reservoir and then the mix out into the injector. This is mainly for those fertilizers that don't need to be fed to the plants every day. In my case, I only need to use the injector at most every two weeks for the seaweed/fish emulsion fertilizer I use.

And this is an excellent plus for the EZ-Flo injector, in that it automagically mixes the fertilizer into the water. With the hose & big system that is what comes with it, you can do everything from a 1,000:1 mix of water to fertilizer, all the way to 100:1, and the system allows for 500:1 and 250:1 mixes as well, so you can regulate how much fertilizer each plant gets, and dial it back if you see the plants are getting too much fertilizer.

Best of all, you can upgrade the reservoir from 0.75 gallons to 2 gallons and up, so you won't have to fill it as often, or mix fertilizers, etc., that you wanna include in it.

Thanks! Since I didn't see anyone else have the injector (at least not from what I could see on the forums), I'd review it and put it up here.

There it is. Good review. It will be nice to keep the plants on a accurate schedule. I hate it when I get behind on watering and fertilizing. Going this route for sure. Thanks for sharing.

You're very welcome. It was $100 well spent!

What size EZ-Flo did you get?  Yours looks larger than the 3/4 gallon one I got last summer. I found that it sure made fertilizing the garden quite easy.  I was also able to blend in Epson salt as well as other amendments at the same time.  Saved me lots of time.  I also switched from soaker hoses to drip tapes as well and am hoping they last longer than the soaker hoses did.

The one I got actually was the 3/4 gallon reservoir. The photo up there was just a stock photo, I copied the photo's URL from their website :)

Back