• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Fall time is here

Had a good frost last night lol forgot the inlaws recovering aloe vera plant outside oops lol.Either way I overwintered my new bbq(rusts too easy)and Went to pick up my old one saving it from going to scrap..Smoker is in the basement sleeping till next spring..Oh boy fall cleanup..Well I have a few pics of me re-christening old faithfull with tonights supper baby back ribs
Picture1-1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

The new bbq is covered in cooking oil on the inside and covered in bare aeras....Im glad old faithfull is back lol
I should add Old faithfull has never been covered since I owned her..4-5 years.Re-painted a few times,nailed with ice and has been bent up a few times lol.The side plate where the side burner is the stainless to this day has no rust I might strip her down next spring re-do her and get a cover..My cast iron element I think went a bit funny from lack of use this year..Put it in last year..Now im wondering if it was worth the extra money

mouth is watering here CP...those look outstanding...

CP..great looking Q man.

As for storing the smoker...I use mine all year long. Even when I was in Alaska and it was 10 below, with my Mini-Chief, I would get a large thick cardboard box and insulate it. Worked beautiful! Don't give up on the smoker this winter. Just imagine ribs for the holidays!

Cheers, TB.

Back