• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fans.... all the time or what ?

so I've been tossing this around for the last few hours, but my fan is set up so that it blows at the tops of the plants (most of them, at least the ones that are a little taller, the super hots and stuff are still short) and I have one plant that is pretty much right in front of the fan, I have it set to 50% of the lowest setting, it's a 18" oscillating fan, and even the plant that is right in front of it.. it just blows a few of the leaves that are facing the fan up a little, but nothing really bad...

so in that situation I am running it every.. I think 30min now.. on those manual timers that come with the HID kits.. every third tab is pressed down.. so 15min on.. 30min off. 15 on... should that be ok? and see how it works out, I've had some edema issues before a little bit, but since then I have mostly fixed it.. slowly getting there and I didn't have the fan on nearly half as much as I do now..(before I had it on maybe once for 15min every other hour I think.), and some of the dead leaves have some mold or fungus growing on them a little in the back corner on the tomato plants.. would the constant stress to the plants that are right in front of it be OK? or good rather, or should I just leave it like it is and go from there?

my other option was to raise the fan a little so that it isn't blowing right on the tops of some of the taller plants and then raise the fan speed just a tiny bit (with the fan dimmer I have hooked up to it) and keeping it on more? just trying to figure out if changing it that little bit would have any real effect on it

Back