• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Faria Scotch Bonnet info/seeds?

MarcV

Extreme Member
I have seen the Faria scotch bonnet pop up in threads from years ago and notice that it is used to create some hybrids like the elysium oxide scotch bonnet, but the Faria SB itself seems to have disappeared these days...

Would this variety be worth growing? Where could I find seeds?
Found this nice pod pic on WHP...

faria-scotch-bonnet-1_large.jpg

Apparently this pepper is mild... the Elysium Oxide SB is the Faria crossed with a Douglah, a superhot. I wouldn't mind growing a mild one for a change. I have way too many scorchers this year.

I might get some of these seeds and try them next year (like I need MORE seeds :crazy:). Even if it was mild, that would be okay with me. It might have a really good taste and I could eat it without breathing fire for a change. :flamethrower:

I might get some of these seeds and try them next year (like I need MORE seeds :crazy:). Even if it was mild, that would be okay with me. It might have a really good taste and I could eat it without breathing fire for a change. :flamethrower:
I get that... I always start my grow with way more than I actually have room for. This year also I had to let go a number of my young plants simply because I didn't have the space...

JG .... I found the bag but it only has 2 seeds in it. My seeds came from THP. Contact Garth @ texashotpeppers.net. He could steer you in the right direction. He's also around here somewhere. PM him .... TexasHotPeppers.

Apparently this pepper is mild... the Elysium Oxide SB is the Faria crossed with a Douglah, a superhot. I wouldn't mind growing a mild one for a change. I have way too many scorchers this year.
Another good mild red one is the Isabella Island Galapagos Red. Nice looking and nice tasting. Tasty, but not a face melter. I just saw seeds at Jim Duffy's site the other day. Had like two left.

Back