• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Farmer Jake's grow / fun page

FarmerJake

Banned
Hi there, i am farmer jake from sacramento california. i have been selling tomato seeds since 2009. over the last few years i have slowly developed a love for super hot foods. i started making hot sauce and got the idea to grow a chili garden to help kick my sauce up a notch. this years garden was a bit small, but its a great foot in the door towards future chili grows. stay tuned. this page will have everything to do with growing, making hot sauce, and spicy food!

not even close to all my hot sauce i eat on the regular lol
43jt9.jpg

i eat so much my lady got me a cady that way i always get the right kind of sauce for the meal.
HyBFT.jpg

my small 2012 super hot chili garden. all chilis are grown in 25gal smart pots. i put 3 per pot. i will not be saving seeds off these. its all for hot sauce
rWNwU.jpg

one of my favorite things to do with the regular heat chili's... ROAST THEM!
8fHjN.jpg

XpkAU.jpg

keep following along!

i am original from new mexico, but have been living in california for 25 years. every time i go, i grab chili or chili products and bring it back!

hatch new mexican chili
N8xUB.jpg

dried new mexican products + some hot sauces i picked up
lYFUv.jpg

moruga scorpion (purchased a live plant from superhotchiles.com)
FwgFi.jpg

pod shot (this pepper is headed to "thebiz" for a review)
fhu61.jpg

jamacian scotch bonnet (purchased seeds from dirtyfarm on etsy)
jOBKZ.jpg

keep following along!

-jake

thanks pex/ biz!!

more peppers!

regular scotch bonnets (purchased from superhotchiles.com)
aTeMd.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I LOVE HOT SAUCE SO MUCH
now i take it serious and make my own. i really try and perfect the batches by learning from my mistakes and changing things i did from previous batches.

ph testing home made hot sauce
X0FUp.jpg

This is sauce i make at home and give away / sell (to cover bottle and label costs)
ive made so much hot sauce in the past, i feel i got my recipes down, so i started bottling it vs putting it in a jar. all n all its all a home made fun thing still. even the labels were designed and made in my office at my house.

Hab is pure habs w/ spices n such
Smoked is my take on a taco bell / cajohns oaxacan flavored sauce
Serrano Red is new mexican chili infused serrano
Serrano Green was created for the lighter heat hot sauce eaters
BWG3T.jpg

thanks for stopping in. stay tuned for more fiery action!

-jake

Some nasty lookin' pods there, Jake! :onfire:

Hope the sauces become more than a home hobby thing if that's your goal!
thank gasificada!

i do own a llc, hope i can one day add on hot sauce making as part of my dba! that would be awesome!

check out what i got today! i support small sauce makers despite me making my own. this stuff looked amazing. you can find firefly hot sauce on facebook. from the looks of how they make there sauce, i was sold immediately! nothing but the freshest ingredients possible.

xoSQF.jpg

also got some seeds. yey!

-jake

That's one hell of a sauce collection. And some good looking peppers.

You ever try the matouks brand pepper sauce. Some tastey stuff there.

ibanez, im in the east side by rancho right on the american river,.

socapots, i have never heard or tried matouks brand pepper sauce. if i see it ill try some for sure!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
look what i got in the mail today from PexPeppers!

this will be in my next batch of hot sauce! thanks again pex, the peppers look very very hot!'
aYrko.jpg

-jake

Good looking stuff Jake, great seeing all these people including yourself into sauce making. Great looking pods as well, be careful the bug is easy to catch and next thing you know you no longer have a yard, it all becomes part of the garden.

thanks cant get enough sauce! lol

today i harvested these scotch bonnets
7dd1q.jpg

some jamacian scotch bonnets
4SOj9.jpg

a few moruga's and 2 yellow ghosts
jcy2r.jpg

all this + the peppers pexpeppers sent me.
+ 1lb of store habs
are going into a small batch sauce ill be making tonight. soaking little over half pound of habs in vinegar. once the flavor soaks in the vinegar, ill make the sauce lol (im self taught so dont laugh lol).
s3KQA.jpg

when i make batches of sauce from store habs. my friends tell me its never enough. hoping my fresh harvest + pexpeppers added peppers will make this stuff BURN

thanks for looking/commenting!

-jake

good stuff jake you are one hell of a chilliehead... btw i want to ask you some. please read your inbox. :fireball: :dance:
pm responded. np bro!
-----------------------------------------

BOOM done making sauce!! it was a pain today. i accidently tipped the huge sauce bucket and lost half. only 8 bottles of this were made vs 15. bummed but its ok, more sauce will come in the future.

created the label as i was making the sauce. hope you guys like it! if any one is intrested in some. let me know. ingredients are very purist. salt, pepper, onion, garlic, peppers, vinegar, water, sugar lemon.ph tested as usual.
ICm2Z.jpg

thanks for lookin!

-jake

Back