• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Farmer Jake's grow / fun page

got these peppers from "TheBiz"

thanks again man. i decided to eat one just now.

idk what #5 is but i ate one lol.

wqI77.jpg

next will be the chocolate hab, then devils tongue. but that devil im a bit scared of, i might just do half lol

-jake

found 2 more congos in the box, along with a envelope of douglah seeds and a list of the peppers. #5 is a caribbean red!

thanks again. those caribbean reds are tasty!

-jake

just put a tray of peppers in my gas oven to dry. seems like due to the pilot light... anything i stick in there will slowly dry perfectly lol.

really stoked how white the inside of a moruga looks. DAMN!
zrExt.jpg

some of these peppers are from the BIZ. thanks bro! the seeds on the #9's looked amazing, and i loved the look to them. i saved them all!
hope this dry comes out great & i cant wait to add dry peppers to a hot sauce batch. bet it adds a unique flavor in there vs fresh. cant wait to experiment and dry/grow more peppers over time

-jake

made 6 cookies with 3 dried naga morich peppers

farm fresh eggs, the best butter, king arthur flour, kosher salt and the best chocolate chips i could buy (how do i know whats best? i buy the best ones and try each till i find the flavor i want lol)

PERFECTION!
Geqrx.jpg

-jake

got some peppers from The Biz! soaking them in vinegar and will make the sauce tomorrow.

9enSv.jpg

the sauce will be...supers, hots, milds, fire roasted things, new mexico red chile + garlic onion and lime juice and special spices hehe

found this 9 cup blender at costco. 118.00 and its got a life time warentee. stoked!
ndpLa.jpg

PEor1.jpg

The Biz has eaten some of these douglah's, but hasnt cut one open yet. this is what they look like bro! thanks again, ill get you set on sauce for the donation!
VY2jU.jpg

-jake

Nice & colorful thread Jake!
How's the final heat level in the cookies?

Cya

Datil

the naga morich cookies were perfection, perfect heat followed by sweet.

about half a cookie or more deep, then you feel like a drink. but its not overwhelming at all. i loved them.

after that batch, i made a batch of moruga cookies as a gift. they came out so hot it was unreal lol. but still, it was barable and the flavors meshed great!

thanks for stopping by Datil

-jake

o my goodness o my daym

made this sauce, for my brougham

vSxHZ.jpg

loving ittttttttttttt!

super hot stuff. douglah's, scorpions, mourga's, jolokias.
biz provides that heat!!!!! i make the sauce. thanks again man

-jake

Looking awesome, man! Love the sauces, the dried peppers, and especially the Naga cookies! I'm not brave enough for the cookies, but sounds like the ideal cookie for "cookies and milk!"

Nice thread Jake! Love the labels! They are so far from the norm, unique, fun and just perfect in my eyes. Sorry to hear about the sauce spill. I lost some of my first batches...because I threw them away lol Making hot sauce was a lot harder then I thought, I was surely humbled. I do love making it though. Haven't tried those hatch chiles yet but I know LunchBox raves about them. Roasted and smoked chili's are so F'n good.

Moruga cookies! Hell yeah! I made a Moruga burger tonight, wasn't that hot. It's surprising how much hotter a pepper is when you eat it outright. I even chewed each bite like 100 times to make sure I wasn't just swallowing it lol.

Keep postin' cause I wanna keep reading.

Looks amazing! The color is fantastic. You know, after I saw your labels, I loved them. I have been trying to come up with a label for two weeks. What I hate is that I have a vector cutting machine and it would be easy to make labels like yours. I like originality but would you mind if I made a play on a label like yours? Not anything exact but I would like to use a vector like yours. Idk, I will keep trying my hand at adobe for now.

glad you like em flattered you want to get crafty based off mine. go for it man! its just a hobby i like (graphic design/hot sauce making). long as you dont do exact same looking logos as mine, i dont care hahaha.

thanks for stopping by

-jake

Back