• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum Farmers' Market Jalapeno From Pepperlover.com

Smokin James said:
Farmer's Market Jalapeno aka Potato Skin jalapeno : rare variety was discovered by john fiedler
Bangor.ME. and spread by  Christopher Phillips (cmpman1974) from Sterling Heights,MI

www.pepperlover.com

PepperLover said:
Nice review 
Great pepper indeed.
Many thanks to John and Chris for sharing this amazing pepper 

Here is another review By Bill where he slightly cooked it 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mngBcm85i0Q&list=UU7Owxx_lo-1tUILJ8ezxJkQ

meatfreak said:
Nice review, I've been growing this one for 3 years now. I did had some variation in shape and corking patron, but last year I finally had a plant that grew true. Here's a couple of pods from it. It takes a very long time for the pods to get ripe, much longer then with an regular Jalapeno. That's why I've overwintered the plant so I could produce more seeds of this very rare variety. John told me he got the seeds from a friend who came across it on a Farmers Market, hence the name. She send the seeds to John and he spread it among a few people in the pepper community.

IMAG3575_.jpg

Was thinking to replace classic Jalapeno with these beauties: are they good for pickling or the skin may be a problem?

Guitarman said:

Was thinking to replace classic Jalapeno with these beauties: are they good for pickling or the skin may be a problem?
This will be my first year for growing these. I think they taste better than the regular Jalapeno. I didn't get any heat from it though!

Smokin James said:
This will be my first year for growing these. I think they taste better than the regular Jalapeno. I didn't get any heat from it though!

Thank you! ;) Definitely going to give them a try next growing season!

IMHO this seems more like a novelty pepper. If I want more sweetness from my jalapeno's I will let them ripen to red on the vine and they will still have some heat and taste great. But it is a cool looking pepper.

My Farmers Market Jalapenos I grew last year were fuzzy as well. (also got my seeds from pepperlover) some peppers that are not Pubescens grow fuzzy foliage too, Goatsweed is another Annuum that comes to mind with fuzzy foliage.

I found the Farmers Market Jalapenos were tasty when red, not much heat though, made decent Mild grilled poppers, interesting potato skin texture.

Good luck on your grow, and Happy New Year 

:cheers:

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

+1 for Goatsweed.

This looks to me like a cross, maybe, between Jalapeno and that Vezena Paprika (or could I be wrong).

I grew the Farmers Market from Pepperlover and 2 other seed sources last year(I think there are pics on my 2015 glog. Also, no heat to speak of but a kind of sweet, pleasant flavor.

Back