• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fasciated Chocolate Habanero

Hi guys,

Saw this fella with fasciation in my local plant shop.

IMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1346.JPG
IMG_1348.JPG

Will be turned into a bonchi for the winter :).

Thomas

PS: Ahm yeah sorry, I'll look how I can flip these pics the right way :P

I have created this effect in the past, by abrading the stems, and clamping the cluster, until they grow together.  Once, I had a braided plant that naturally fused with no abrading.  But this one looks more like an accident. 

solid7 said:
I have created this effect in the past, by abrading the stems, and clamping the cluster, until they grow together.  Once, I had a braided plant that naturally fused with no abrading.  But this one looks more like an accident. 

Ha yeah, I've tried that too. The three stems never really fused tho. This is more like a genetic accident indeed :).

D'you have pictures of those abraded and natural one? I'm curious!

ThomasDeco said:
Ha yeah, I've tried that too. The three stems never really fused tho. This is more like a genetic accident indeed :).

D'you have pictures of those abraded and natural one? I'm curious!
So I am REALLY bad about not taking enough photos... I only have a pic right now of the stems when I first braided them.
42253454464_d2283f3f11_z.jpg

Surprisingly, they grew very consistently. Eventually, they grew together. If I still have the carcass of that one, I'll snap a pic tomorrow. I just threw it on the pile about 2 months ago.

Back