seeds Fast germination I think.

I followed a suggestion found on YouTube suggesting a variant of scarification.  I use a pair of (Sterile) nail clippers to nip off the pointy part of my Trinidad Scorpion seeds that was connected to the pod.  (Not too much!).  Just enough to open the canal that goes into the seed.  Under magnification you can actually see the "tiny hole" that is opened up.  I soak the nipped seeds in a jar of regular tap water for 24-48 hrs. I set the jar in a warm place like on top of the fridge.  Light or darkness doesn't seem to matter.  Amazing that you see the tap root tip emerge in as little as 12 hours.  From there you can either go to paper towel or to your germination medium directly (I use coco coir in a germination tray with cover) on a warming pad set to 85 degrees.  It will take the seedling another couple to 10 of days to emerge again from the germination medium depending on how deep you planted it and temperature.  I've gotten 100% germination of seeds I sowed this way. Worked with Tomatoes also, but those buggers are hard to get a grip on being so tiny. 

SirRealist said:
I followed a suggestion found on YouTube suggesting a variant of scarification.  I use a pair of (Sterile) nail clippers to nip off the pointy part of my Trinidad Scorpion seeds that was connected to the pod.  (Not too much!).  Just enough to open the canal that goes into the seed.  Under magnification you can actually see the "tiny hole" that is opened up.  I soak the nipped seeds in a jar of regular tap water for 24-48 hrs. I set the jar in a warm place like on top of the fridge.  Light or darkness doesn't seem to matter.  Amazing that you see the tap root tip emerge in as little as 12 hours.  From there you can either go to paper towel or to your germination medium directly (I use coco coir in a germination tray with cover) on a warming pad set to 85 degrees.  It will take the seedling another couple to 10 of days to emerge again from the germination medium depending on how deep you planted it and temperature.  I've gotten 100% germination of seeds I sowed this way. Worked with Tomatoes also, but those buggers are hard to get a grip on being so tiny. 
wow will try this scarification method. good job thanks :)

Quick update of the plants :)

009_zpse47a1329.jpg

010_zps37f98faf.jpg

006_zps5b5f96a7.jpg

008_zpsf8de564d.jpg

That last one is currently standing 54cm... Its a Brain Strain.

...the only one to flower so far is a Moruga.

The plants with Pods where seeded in autumn last year so just ignore them lol.

Back