• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Fat Kid Sauces

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Sauces Reviewed: Fat Kid Sauces
Company: Fat Kid Sauces
Member: huvason
By: TheHotPepper.com

Ingredients:
MILD: Tomato, Bell Pepper, Red Wine Vinegar, Habanero, Onion, Garlic, Herbs & Spices
MEDIUM: Tomato, Bell Pepper, Red Wine Vinegar, Habanero, Onion, Garlic, Herbs & Spices
HOT: Tomato, Habanero, Bell Pepper, Red Wine Vinegar, Onion, Garlic, Herbs & Spices
EXTREME: Tomato, Red Savina® Habanero, Bell Pepper, Red Wine Vinegar, Onion, Garlic, Herbs & Spices

First Impression
Looking at them, you want to try them right away. Color and consistency are very appealing.

Label and Packaging
Cool design, but low-quality graphic and/or printing. Nice color scheme for heat levels.

Review
I love the consistency. These are thick sauces, and they are chunky for a hot sauce. Almost like a salsa. I tried all four heat levels. The Extreme is the darkest, and is red-orange, from the Red Savinas. The other three are yellow-orange. The Extreme has that great Red Savina flavor, an intense burn, and fresh flavors, like garlic and onion (as they all do). The Hot is the award winner, and the heat level is about the same. I tried them back to back a few times, and couldn't say the extreme was hotter, but it definitely had the nice Red Savina flavor. Working my way down, even the mild was hot. Not knock your socks off hot, but so many times you buy a mild sauce, and there is no heat. With four heat levels, there's a sauce for everyone.

Overall
Nice, thick sauces, with fresh flavors, a nice vinegar balance, and heat levels to satisfy any customer.

Accolades
First Place, 2007 Scovie Awards, Best Habanero Hot Sauce.

Attachments

• huvbottles.jpg
    huvbottles.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 144
  • huvchicken.jpg
    huvchicken.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 138
  • huvchicken2.jpg
    huvchicken2.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 112
  • huvplatter.jpg
    huvplatter.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 146
  • huvchicken3.jpg
    huvchicken3.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 135
Thanks for the great review - I am glad you enjoyed them! The labels are being professionally printed as we speak.

I have created a 15% off coupon for thehotpepper.com forum users if they wish to buy on the online store (which I am in the process of giving a good overhauling). Just use HOTPEPPER15 on checkout. Any questions or problems, just PM me.

Just order the Hot, cant wait to try it. Know if only Defcon Would give his friends here at hotpepper a discount :).

naganero said:
Just order the Hot, cant wait to try it. Know if only Defcon Would give his friends here at hotpepper a discount :).

Got the order, thanx. Will get it out ASAP - with a couple of samples of the MILD and MEDIUM.

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']Great sauce Huv! I love it on fish tacos...
Wife says to let us know when the Mango is ready for a sample!!!!![/QUOTE]

Thanx Captain! Fish Tacos is definitely a new one.

The Mango will be ready in a few weeks. I'll definitely let you know!

Hi Huvason I received the sauce today and his buddies. Thanks so much for the package. opened the extra hot and hot and mild immediately and just happened to have a chicken sandwich from BK at the time. I would have to say they are excellent the hot is tolerable but very tasty almost like a restaurant salsa but not as thick. the extra has a different flavor probably due to the Savina's. and the mild worked out great for the rest of the family because everything else is MINE.

Thanks again

naganero said:
Hi Huvason I received the sauce today and his buddies. Thanks so much for the package. opened the extra hot and hot and mild immediately and just happened to have a chicken sandwich from BK at the time. I would have to say they are excellent the hot is tolerable but very tasty almost like a restaurant salsa but not as thick. the extra has a different flavor probably due to the Savina's. and the mild worked out great for the rest of the family because everything else is MINE.

Thanks again

Glad they arrived safely - and even happier that you enjoyed them! The EXTREME is my favorite, but I have loads if people you love the MILD and MEDIUM.

huvason said:
Thanks for the great review - I am glad you enjoyed them! The labels are being professionally printed as we speak.

I have created a 15% off coupon for thehotpepper.com forum users if they wish to buy on the online store (which I am in the process of giving a good overhauling). Just use HOTPEPPER15 on checkout. Any questions or problems, just PM me.

Is it possible to order without creating an account?

thehotpepper.com said:

Yup! Cape Fear still has a few Hot and Extreme in stock. For those that are interested you can shoot me a PM and I'll get ya hooked up. I can honor Huv's discount, ( I'm sure that he will send me a manufacturers rebate..just kiddin), however you'll need to email me first in order for me to make it happen. Cap'n

You just HAD to post that after I ordered Huv's set from you? :hell:

I'm j/k, the shipping is lower than I was expecting, so I'm still happy. Can't wait to get your's and Huv's sauces.

thehotpepper.com said:

Unfortunately not right now. The next update of the site will have the ability to order withour setting up an account. Sorry! You always email or PM me if necessary, to place an order.

Yeah - the check is in the mail :onfire: If your running low Captain - just give me a ring. Scovie stickers coming this week, so shoot me a PM with how many you need for the bottles you have. Oh yea... Mango coming real soon

Back