• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fatalis giving my GF a rash?

OOo no this ain't happening. Seem to think the one fatali pepper I picked today is giving my GF a rash on hear arm.
I need precaution technigues please.. Here the pic of my one pepper Jesse

576054_10151034982854201_420862226_n.jpg

oo :fire:

So were you licking her arm after eating it or did she eat it or use it like sunscreen or maybe there was a wild plant or insect she was in contact with when picking it or maybe the solar flare made it to earth early and it's a sunburn or maybe she was allergic to dinner and the pepper was a coincidence or maybe she's just turning into a zombie? :D

The only way to be sure is to do all of these things. :flamethrower:

Im trying to picture how the pepper came into contact with her arm??! Deffo more info needed on this one i thinks!!

Yeah me and my buddies split a ghost chile and his face broke out in some sort of heat rash, but on the arm....???

^ It wouldn't be hard, merely cutting the pepper bare handed then scratching or brushing your hand across your arm before thoroughly washing your hands. Also someone not used to dealing with very to super hot peppers may not realize how oily they are... it tends to take a lot more detergent to wash that off hands compared to most other types of fruit or vegetable residue.

Is she allergic? Probably not. But can confirm with allergist. Did she have a reaction? Sure. Peppers are pretty harsh. Many people can get adverse reactions. That's why they use pepper spray.

If the pepper or pepper contaminated hand/glove/utensil didn't come into contact with her arm, I would prolly not blame the pepper.

I learned the hard way with my first choco hab. I cut it then rubbed, not my eye like 1/2 inch from my eye. It spread to a baseball sized red rash. So washed my hands TWICE. Went pee, didn't burn like my face did but it tingled a little. Now I use powder free latex gloves when cutting peppers. For cutting a small amount I use decent quality paper plates so I can throw them away when Im done. Wash very thoroughly.

I call bs on this even from the beginning. If anyone was concerned about a rash they would consult a doctor not a website/forum. Otherwise common sense and reason are lost.

I was thinking by rash he meant just the skin turning red and sore, which would be capsaicin irritating the skin. If it just turned red and went away over time it would have been exactly that.

I'd imagine some parts on the arm would be quite sensitive.

Back