• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fatalli maturing question

So, I've had a couple of fatalli plants growing since April. There's been some peppers that have been fully grown for atleast a month or two. How long before they finally change to yellow?

I recall my first time with Fatalii, and when they started to go yellow it was a surprise. I too thought it was never going to happen but a month or two seems a bit long to me. How much light are the plants getting, and when you say the chillis are fully grown, how big is that ?

Regards,

Tim

It totally depends on your grow conditions. I've had plants that have taken over a month to ripen the pods, so don't worry about that in and of itself. How much sun are the plants getting per day? More sun tends to = faster ripening. Also, are you giving them calcium and magnesium? My fataliis were large plants and very prolific after they got started, so I didn't really care how long they took to ripen after a while - I was constantly picking them.

The plants are getting full sun, but are in smaller pots. I've been trying to grow them for the past 3 years and hadn't had any luck until I moved up to Queensland. They get full sun, watered every other day (and even more so if they look wilted) and are occasionally given either diluted juice from my worm farm or a little bit of Osmocote.

The total height of the plants are about a meter tall. The biggest pepper is probably about 100mm by length.

Maybe I'll see about just transferring them to a bigger pot and see if that makes any difference.

You shouldn't have to wait much longer. IMO all chinense take forever to ripen. One thing i did notice tho was once my fatallis started turning they didn't stop and i had more ripe pods every other day.

Back