• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Favorite fresh-eating pepper?

I love the habanero taste fresh, but I'm a lightweight when it comes to gnawing on that kinda heat outside in the heat. Habanero used to be my favorite, but this year I grew lemondrops and absolutely love the flavor! The heat is also very manageable. What's your favorite pepper to eat fresh and why? (waiting for people to misread the title as "flesh-eating")

i have limited experience with hot peppers but eating fresh is a tie between cowhorn and jajapeno. both have similar heat which is tolerable. for sweet peppers my choice is lunchbox orange snacking pepper. each year i grow different peppers so my favorites will change from year to year.

I don't personally have a favorite, but I've been peer pressuring all of my cycling/drinking buddies into eating pods all the time and the hands-down most popular out of what I grew this year is the humble Serrano.

Orange manzano. The few times I've been lucky enough to get my hands on some, I've eaten them just like an apple. Freakin' delicious!

Brazilian Starfish, Tepin x Lemon Drop, Cream Fatalii... Aji Lemon Drop, Pimente Barra do Ribeiro... Yellow Manzano... Ethiopian Brown, Aji Jobito... Aji Margariteno... Aji Rosita Red

Back