• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Favorite heirloom tomatoes

NorCaliente916 said:
My list this year will consist of the following heirloom and open pollinated grafted onto hybrid rootstock:

Chapman
Earl's Faux
Green Giant
Eva Purple Ball
Bear Creek
Orange Minsk Heart
Kodiak Brown
Coyote
Green Zebra Cherry
Rons Carbon Copy

And a few "must grows" that will always be in my garden year after year:
Rebel Yell
Pink Berkley Tie Dye
Verde Claro
Wes
Anna Russian
Speckled/Striped Roman

Some nice selections.  Bear Creek and Rebel Yell have been great for us.  PBTD is a good one too.  Wes does not like my environment.  Ron's CC was good but we have moved to a volunteer that came up in our garden aisle several years back .... we call it Fabulous Dark Cherry V.   We've never grown Coyote. 

Druzba, Grandma Oliver's Chocolate, Fabulous Dark Cherry V, McMurray #10, Spudakee and Purple Dog Creek are grown every year.  

Harry_Dangler said:
Some nice selections.  Bear Creek and Rebel Yell have been great for us.  PBTD is a good one too.  Wes does not like my environment.  Ron's CC was good but we have moved to a volunteer that came up in our garden aisle several years back .... we call it Fabulous Dark Cherry V.   We've never grown Coyote. 

Druzba, Grandma Oliver's Chocolate, Fabulous Dark Cherry V, McMurray #10, Spudakee and Purple Dog Creek are grown every year.  

First year with Bear Creek, have heard nothing but god things. Rebel Yell is the best Pink tomato I've grown hands down, intense, acidic and sweet all in the same bite.  Better than any Brandywine I've tried and way more productive in my garden. PBTD was discovered out here in CA and is a fantastic dark pink/purple tomato, again complex and very assertive in taste but still has some sweetness to it.  Wes throws big red hearts with dense meaty flesh that is perfect for sauces, not the most productive for me either, but the taste is worth it. First year ill be trying to graft them for improved production.

Druzba, Spudakee, and Purple Dog Creek are some great varieties as well. Good luck to you this season Harry_D.  :party:

Back