• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Favorite NEW TO YOU variety you grew this year

Bhuter said:
From the very beginning, this plant has been a beaut! Great purple "overlay" color over the green foliage. Then it started producing pods. They are all EXACTLY the same pheno. The pods start a deep black color, the purple lightens up, then it lightens up to a green, then finally they're supposed to ripen to red. I couldn't wait any longer and wanted to see if the purple placenta presented itself for me. I'd say so.

Purple Ghost Scorpion from Mojo.
GpRqv4t.jpg

22RN4nS.jpg

Hr9WknZ.jpg

Definitely a keeper!!!
WAITTTTT!! But how does it taste??

Growing these for the first time with seeds brought over from Istanbul. Compact plants and heavy producers. Having to stake some of them as the pod weight's pulling them over.  Been impressed so far, but I've yet to taste one. I suppose that will figure into whether they're a favorite new variety.

20180731_Turkish%20Heirloom.jpg

That is one cool looking pod! 

My new favourites this year are: 

- Sugar Rush Peach, I absolutely love this pepper. Great flavour, manageable heat and stunning pods. Great producer, too!
- Cumari Pollux, beautiful flowers, love the way the plant grows. It has a fur coat, too! Haven't tasted any peppers yet, but they're supposed to be good.
- CAP 214, nice flowers and beautiful growth, quite different from domesticated peppers.

b3rnd said:
That is one cool looking pod! 

My new favourites this year are: 

- Sugar Rush Peach, I absolutely love this pepper. Great flavour, manageable heat and stunning pods. Great producer, too!
- Cumari Pollux, beautiful flowers, love the way the plant grows. It has a fur coat, too! Haven't tasted any peppers yet, but they're supposed to be good.
- CAP 214, nice flowers and beautiful growth, quite different from domesticated peppers.

Reading through this thread , wondering what to add ... and then you remind me , thanks.

Sugar Rush peach , prolific, beautiful , good flavour and very easy to eat right off the plant out in the garden.

Back