• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Favorite pepper?

Justosmo said:
Honesty I was considering keeping the four or six best plants from my own late sprouts and keeping them indoors as a pet project.

If you keep them in cups or small pots then you can still put them outdoors for more optimal growth, but they will need more shade as full-sun can be too brutal on smaller plants / less established root structures. Keeping them indoors works too. I'm doing that for many. Hell, I've kept plants in those red beer-pong cups for well over an entire year indoors without issue. Last season I planted in a raised bed what was probably a 1.5 yr old Aji Limon in a red solo cup and it ended up being my most productive plant despite being totally stunted in growth for a year.

Spicy Mushroom said:
If you keep them in cups or small pots then you can still put them outdoors for more optimal growth, but they will need more shade as full-sun can be too brutal on smaller plants / less established root structures. Keeping them indoors works too. I'm doing that for many. Hell, I've kept plants in those red beer-pong cups for well over an entire year indoors without issue. Last season I planted in a raised bed what was probably a 1.5 yr old Aji Limon in a red solo cup and it ended up being my most productive plant despite being totally stunted in growth for a year.
Thanks for the J out. I have them under a grow light right now. I'll probably keep them outside blurring the summer one bugger but keep the best of then indoors over the winter.

SavinaRed said:
This year with all the new varieties I'm growing a new favorite I'm sure will emerge and knock off the chocolate fatalii as my #1. I'm growing several new Aji's and with the bahamian goat, MOA's and scotch bonnets I'm sure there will be a new favorite pepper for 2016. 
I am being tentatively cautious with chocolate varieties after my bad experience with chocolate beauty bell.
So 2 of the plants that I orderd are chocolate habanero & chocolate scotch bonnet .
I plan to make a jelly using six of each.
I might be in the I don't like fatalii's camp .
I know that I don't care for the white ones form pepperlover but the chocolate sound promising one for next year.

Noah Yates said:
It was being sold by Park Seeds and it has been out of stock since 2012.   ;-(

For all I know it could be alive and well, but being marketed under a different name by a different vendor.  I do know that seeds that I saved from the hybrid did not grow true at all (confirming that it is indeed a hybrid.)
I did some research since the Pinocchio Nose Cayenne caught my interest & found it in the UK.https://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/Chilli_Pepper_Seed_Pinocchios_Nose/
The Joe's long cayenne is similar to Pinocchio Nose but I don't think it's a hybrid .
So it could be one of the parents to Pinocchio Nose.
I pick up chili De Abrol at the local store yesterday.

Never got my hands on any(neither seeds nor peppers), but as far as looks go, i think that Pink Tiger is the best looking pepper

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G920F folosind Tapatalk

Spicy Mushroom said:

That is good to know thanks for the info !

One of my favorites is the Aji Penec I over wintered.
This plant survived countless heavy aphid attacks while my moa bonnets both Yellow an Red gave up the ghost.

Another favorite is Hawaii Beach a scotch bonnet type
I messed up the pruning job plus it got hit as well with some aphids but it hanged in there .
I will be happy for just one low for the next generation.
I then plan to cut this last limb an let the little trunk grow out since it basically a bonsai now.

Back