• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

FayahBen's 2012 season

Greetings :)

With the spring incoming, it's time to start the grow log for this season.
Well, for now it's not a really good start, i had problem with too low temperatures (and a little over-watering with the soil not drying well) with the first germinated plants that has stunted their growth, but they are recovering slowly. The temperature is better, but the plants could enjoy more heat, so they are still growing a little bit slow.
Some strains have been a little hard to germinate too with several retries.
The chinenses have been sown around mid-january, the annums and baccatums around mid-february. I've sown the rocotos in late autumn.

Here's the strain list for this season:
(the chinenses, rocotos and baccatum are goin to be grown in pots, the annums in soil)

Sweet:
Belize sweet
Buran
Corno di toro yellow
Cubanelle
Lipstick
Marconi red
Mini chocolate bell
Orange bell
Pimento
Purple beauty
Quadrato Asti Giallo
Trinidad perfume

Light:
Alma paprika
Ancho 101
Pasilla bajio

Medium:
Bishop's crown
Brazilian starfish
Jalapeno M

Hot:
Aji habanero
Fish pepper
Goat's weed
Lemon drop
Omnicolor
Orange Thaï
Serrano

Very hot:
Bahamian goat
Bonda Ma Jacques
Caribbean red
Cumari
Fatalii
Habanero orange
Habanero peach
Habanero peruvian white
Habanero yellow
Jamaican hot chocolate
Rocoto rouge
Scotch bonnet Jamaican
Scotch bonnet FDA
Scotch bonnet TFM
Scotch bonnet yellow

Super hot (well, some mild ones ^^):
Naga Morich
Yellow 7 pod

And some pics from last week-end...
semis1r.jpg

semis2r.jpg

It's not looking very good, but they are doin better everyday :D, i've given them a little fert too to help (even if i don't like to do it with little plants with less than 3-4 pairs of leaves, but hell some are now quite 2 months old :/).
In fact the chinenses that didn't germinate at first try are looking better than the others...
(There's some eggplant, tomatillo and physalis seedlings in there too)
Anyway it's going better, but i'll have to wait a little more for the first harvests (i still have plenty frozen anyway ^^).

Back