• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Feeding plants

Sinn

Extreme Member
How do you guys feed your plants I use liquid fertilizer (Alaska fish) and use one of these it's manual pump trying to find a better way what do you guys/gals use?
c79c25748388d45b4b90bdce522cdb2c.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I totally use those for indoor plants and I'm a big fan.  Can push the nozzle in under the leaves and avoid leaf deflection.  I'll also use them on smaller containers outside.  I typically do my fish fert and etc. in a 2g sprinkler can in the bigger containers and garden beds. Plain water with the can, a wand, or irrigation.

I should feed more, but when it gets hot, I get lazy. I use fish ferts, and I'm about out of the Alaska step one grow. I want to get into making the fermented stuff like pepper guru eventually. I think he calls it the "dank tank"

I use a good old fashioned 2 gallon watering can.  I never put fish goo on the vegetation, except incidentally.  I'm a "roots only" kinda guy, when it comes to feeding.
I have one of those sprayers, but that's for Neem application, in my garden.

I use a 5 gallon bucket and a Folgers coffee container as my scoop. Each plant gets a scoop of the fish stank water or whatever im feeding it at that time. It does sorta suck though for the fish stank because....well....it STANKS and it foams pretty hard mixing it up. Other than being a bit more of a PITA it does give me an idea of how much im using and how much i need to adjust later.

i also use alaska fish, both emulsion and pellets. but i am lazy. i don`t premix the emulsion with water. i use one of those old school coffee scoops that were included in every can of coffee back in the day. i`m guessing it holds 4 or 5 tablespoons of liquid. i fill it and pour it in a ring around the trunk of each plant and then water the plants as i normally would. i mix in a small handful of pellets when i repot the seedlings into their final growing container(mostly 5 gal. buckets). in the next week or so i will mix in another handful of pellets into the top layer of potting soil in each pot and a week or two after that they will get another dose of the emulsion. 

coffee scoop.jpg

Thanks for all the input guys probably going to go with the watering can should be faster than the sprayer

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Back