Fellow Cocktailians UNITE!

Alright everybody, I'm still a noob here, but I can tell the vast majority of our congregation enjoys the sauce. And though it seems the sauce of choice is beer, I'm here to confess my passion for the other love in my life besides Capsacin...

Cocktails

And not those things with paper umbrellas stuck in the top, or things made from some shitty mixer you buy in a plastic jug. I'm talking Prohibition era, Rye whiskey, Gin, and Brandy based potations that put hair on your grandfathers' chests.

Sazeracs, Old Fashioneds, Manhattans (All made with RYE dammit, not bourbon)

Real Martinis, with orange bitters, lemon twists, good vermouth, and Gin. Aviations, Martinzes, Gin Fizzes....

Anyone else up for Real cocktails??

I usually don't drink hoity toity mixed drinks but as a former Alaskan of 28 years I am partial to a "Duckfart". Layered and not mixed, Baileys, Kahlua, and Crown Royal. Slam it down.

Replace the Crown with tequila and its a "Mexican Duckfart". Add vodka to the first and its a "Moosefart".

Cheers, TB.

White Russians, Long Island Ice Tea my faves.

I do make a few pina coladas and daquiris as well. we get a good selection of fresh tropical fruit here.

Gin. Yes! Gin is my favorite. Martinis sometimes. Gin and tonic more often. Salty dogs can be alright now and then too. But probably my favorite is a breakfast half gin bloody mary, half beer.

Oh YES!!! Long Island Ice Tea. My favorite...The best place I've found that makes them is on the Board Walk in San Antonio, TX. Texas Tea, the best around.

give me a scratch Magartita with REAL tequila (not that Jose Quervo crap) or give me the drink of The Dude, a White Russian in the correct ammounts (1:1:1). Anything else will not do!

I'll have a dirty martini sir. With Bombay Sapphire or Boodles gin, and please use habanero stuffed rocket olives, thank you very much.

My nickname isnt the Martini Whore for nothing, you know....

Pepperfreak said:
Oh YES!!! Long Island Ice Tea. My favorite...The best place I've found that makes them is on the Board Walk in San Antonio, TX. Texas Tea, the best around.

I was just down in SA this weekend. Next time i'm down there i'll have to check it out any idea the name of the place?

And for me, i love a good whiskey sour, margarita or white russian. Irish car bombs aren't bad either if i'm looking to get fucked up.

Txclosetgrower said:
I was just down in SA this weekend. Next time i'm down there i'll have to check it out any idea the name of the place?

And for me, i love a good whiskey sour, margarita or white russian. Irish car bombs aren't bad either if i'm looking to get fucked up.

Who needs to go looking? Shit just happens.

Cheers, TB.

Txclosetgrower said:

Hehe...Uhmm...That was too many Texas Teas ago and several years ago. BUT, it was on the Boardwalk in the middle somewhere, where all of the restaurants are.

Pepperfreak said:
Hehe...Uhmm...That was too many Texas Teas ago and several years ago. BUT, it was on the Boardwalk in the middle somewhere, where all of the restaurants are.

Down by that green-ass water?

imaguitargod said:
give me the drink of The Dude, a White Russian in the correct ammounts (1:1:1). Anything else will not do!

I enjoy a good caucasian from time to time as well.

Back