• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Fertilize Seedlings?

too many plants to use bloom...gets expensive when feeding 300+ plants

Agree

3-2-5 is fine for the whole way through, I only got grow too because it is the best balance. Good to hear you do the same. :halo:

300+ plants!!!! :fireball: Some day I want to have that much.

I honestly can't say if anything is wrong or not since I am not really familiar with each step of your process...I am sure they were hungry but other than that?...

simple answer...when they need water...

longer answer...when ever you pick up a tray that is dry, it will be a lot lighter than one that has just been watered...it takes a few times but you will get the hang of using weight and color of the soil to tell you when they need water...

If you are using botanicare products, I would recommend each time they get water, they get nutrients...

simple answer...when they need water...

longer answer...when ever you pick up a tray that is dry, it will be a lot lighter than one that has just been watered...it takes a few times but you will get the hang of using weight and color of the soil to tell you when they need water...

If you are using botanicare products, I would recommend each time they get water, they get nutrients...

AlabamaJack, I'm using MG Tomato Food. Someone suggested using one-and-half of the small side measure spoon, per 2 liter of water. I did that for one week, then just watered again without fertilizer. So, I'll take your suggestion and fertilize it each time. Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. :)

IMO at an early stage, nearly any of the "balanced" fertilizes work...be careful of the amount of nitrogen you give them...only give them enough to stay green..nitrogen attracts aphids and if you get aphids indoors, they are a real pain in the butt to keep under control...I don't think you can ever eradicate them inside..

Could temperature be an issue? I've got pretty slow growth, too, and I think it's because I germinated indoors and then moved my plants outdoors in a cold frame where they get moderate warmth and natural light during the day, but sub 50 temps at night. I think that if I could keep temps consistently in the 80s like a lot of the indoor growers here, my growth rate would be a lot better.

if he were growing outside in a non-heated environment, then yes, colder temperature will significantly slow the growth...remember, they recommend 50F soil temp for plantout....

Two weeks ago I fertilized my seedlings with MG Tomato food. Holy cow are they taking off. :) Unfortunately, I didn't know to fert them this last watering, so they probably will slow a bit.

FYI: These are grown indoors.Here is my setup (photo taken a while ago)

photo1-1.jpg

yeah, it's funny that they grow faster when they are fed.... ;)

(hope you can see my humor in this my friend)

yeah, it's funny that they grow faster when they are fed.... ;)
(hope you can see my humor in this my friend)

Haha. I do....I have very sarcastic humor...so, I'm sure I took it EXACTLY how it was meant. :)

subtext: "It's amazing how plants react when you give them what they need." :P

Back