• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ferts 2016 grow

Hello everyone, this is my first Glog on this forum :)

This year i'll be growing:
-Lemon drop
-Brazilian starfish
-naga morich
-fatalii
-Red rocoto
-7pod brain strain
- 1 overwinter trinidad douglah
-1 overwinter 7pod jonah
-SB7J, soon to arrive in the post, i hope
-Aji amarillo
-ancho grande 

I currently cannot post any pictures yet since my smartphone is getting repaired, but i'll update with pictures once i get it back.
So i started my seed 2 weeks ago more or less, some have already grown a bit, and they are currently under a 125 watt CFL growing lamp in my basement.
I'll grow half of my crop in pots at my own house, and i'll use my grandfathers greenhouse and land as well, when the weather allows it. I'll probably add some other varieties since this year i'll finally have the space for it.

Thanks to trident chilli for sending the SB7J seeds my way!

I'll keep you guys posted.

Fertilizer

-edit: forgot some varieties

Hahaha, experimenting with Chilli Focus at the moment, but they are all still seedlings apart from the overwinters, and I dont want to kill them all so soon :D
They will receive some blood and horn meal when the time comes and they move to bigger pots though.

For seedlings and small plants I highly recommend a little bit of worm castings (not full blown super beefy AACT... but just a little sprinkled on the soil surface as a top dressing.)  The worm castings help to feed the plants in addition to providing an inoculation of beneficial micro-organisms, which can defend against pathogens in the soil.  

Noah Yates said:
For seedlings and small plants I highly recommend a little bit of worm castings (not full blown super beefy AACT... but just a little sprinkled on the soil surface as a top dressing.)  The worm castings help to feed the plants in addition to providing an inoculation of beneficial micro-organisms, which can defend against pathogens in the soil.  
I took your advice and ordered myself some worm castings online, should arrive soon!
Too bad i still cant take any photographs, I hope i can update pretty soon with pictures, but it's still nothing spectacular so far.

Be careful with using too much worm casting on young plants. I topped dressed my plants after they started working on their 3rd or 4th set of true leaves. And my plants did not react well. Fert Burn

SvtCobra said:
 Be careful with using too much worm casting on young plants. I topped dressed my plants after they started working on their 3rd or 4th set of true leaves. And my plants did not react well. Fert Burn
Doesn't seem to have hurt them though, they are growing pretty fine at the moment! I hope I can get my phone back soon so I can finally update with pictures  :dance:

SvtCobra said:

Worm castings will not burn plants... if you bought "worm castings" that burned your plants... then they were not pure worm castings.

Looking good love the bonnets good man John is(Trident)
I will be growing Nebru7 as well & if they germinate my moa yellow op select
Also some others form John you just can't beat a good scotch bonnet!

fertilizer said:
Doesn't seem to have hurt them though, they are growing pretty fine at the moment! I hope I can get my phone back soon so I can finally update with pictures  :dance:
Mine where awesome for about the first week or two. As it takes time for the nutes to actually leach into the soil. But does not mean it will happen to you.
Noah Yates said:

Worm castings will not burn plants... if you bought "worm castings" that burned your plants... then they were not pure worm castings.
  Sanctuary Soil makes some of the finest castings and dirt around. So I highly doubt it was anything but pure castings.

I finally got hold of a new cellphone, so i'm able to show off some of my plants  :onfire: 
This is just a quick overview of some of the plants, I still have others at different locations.
Let me know what you think guys!
Sorry for the bad quality pictures in advance, i sprayed them with water beforehand and i'm still getting used to the new camera.
ScCS5v0.jpg

7jwob6u.jpg

Back