• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Ferts R 2 much or what

Ok yesterday i decided to fertilize with some osmocote type beads. Put some in the pot with my only true goat pepper put some in with my datil , black pearl , and another plant i think it was the mandingo pepper. None are affected except the goat . three of the top leaves started to die off so i clipped up to the point where it was dying and picked all the osmocote out and poured some water to get rid of extra ferts. Below that part looks very healthy no. I'm curios was it the ferts a preexisting condition or something else and can the leaves at the top grow back . (it had like 7 leaves. aand now has 4 )

all i can do is pray it survives. If not i'll get a fewseeds from neil just two or so. ( They have a great germination rate. )

I think it should be mixed well into the soil, you probably have too high of a concentration in one area or too much pellets touching the stem/roots and burning them

POTAWIE said:
I think it should be mixed well into the soil, you probably have too high of a concentration in one area or too much pellets touching the stem/roots and burning them

Osmocote will definitely burn if touching the roots, I have first hand experience. Best to spread it all around the pot evenly when up potting, not directly in the hole. Use in moderation if top dressing, keep away from base at least a few inches.

Back