• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Few Hydro questions

I have a small DWC bubbler system that I am experimenting with since this is my first hydro attempt. I now have a few questions that have developed. First off I will say I am using a container that holds about 3.5 gallons and 4 plants. Im also using the GH 3 part Flora Series nutes. So on with the questions.

1) Right now I renew the water and nutes every week.
a. Is this to often or can I let it sit in there longer?
2) I have thought about building a much bigger (20+ gallons) hydro system.
a. If I do this does the water/nutes still need to be changed every week?
b. Do the number of plants or size of plants have any correlation to how much water/nutes you need?
3) I am trying to come up with a hydroponic system that will be outside but have a few things I would like to have it be.
a. Uses the least amount of water or utilizes it the best. Aeroponic?
b. Able to have a large amount of plant sites but be able to support even some of the larger pepper varieties for when they get bigger.

Well that should do it. I hope im not asking to much here. Thank you all in advance for the help.

When you top off your system, use just water, not a nute solution, as to avoid upsetting the nutrient balance. Once you have transpired the capacity of your resivoir,(for instance: if you have to add a total of 1 gallon of water over the course of a few days or weeks to a 1 gallon nute solution resivoir) change it out completely.

Does that make sense?

That's a very "middle of the road", "not bad but not great" kinda method. If you have all the fancy testers and jazz, then go that route.

I've got a 30 liter system that's a constant flow (I can't remember the "term" for that) and I was told to add 500ml of A and 500ml of B every week and add enough water to make up the water loss. Nothing was said about replacing everything every week.
I'll be curious to hear some of the experts, which I'm not.

I've got a 30 liter system that's a constant flow (I can't remember the "term" for that) and I was told to add 500ml of A and 500ml of B every week and add enough water to make up the water loss. Nothing was said about replacing everything every week.
I'll be curious to hear some of the experts, which I'm not.

is yours like mine? A drip system? In every system I was under the impression that at SOME point you have to change out the solution for nutrient accuracy reasons. I too stand a very good chance of being 100% wrong about that so...

1)I let mine go for about 10 days.IF you top off make sure you check ph,ec/tds before and after you add water.
2)Yep,
2B,with the more plants in a system they will take up take different nutes at different ratio.
3)Aeroponic is the best and the growth rate is crazy,but doing it outside were the temp could get out of control would putyour plant at a high risk of root rot!
3B)You shouldn't have any trouble supporting large pod's

Back