event Fiery Foods & Barbecue Show - March 5 - 7, 2010

I decided that this next year I am actually going to use my 4 weeks of vacation days instead of just cashing them in like this year - This seemed like a good thing to use a few of them on so I plan on going just to take a look around

I might just gamble a lil' bit and have a drink or three before that weekend is over

This is on my list for must do things in my life, but with a baby on the way I don't think it's going to happen this time. I swear I will get there some day! I look forward to your pics and posts Scott.

For those who have gone before (not as a vendor but as a spectator), do you go to every day of the show, or is 5 or 6 hours one day going to get your fill and there's nothing worth coming back for. Do they have presentations and stuff, or is it more of a trade show where once you've hit all the booths you're good for the weekend?

Either way I'm concerned that my on-site purchases of hot sauce (especially when I see cool collector bottles or taste something awesome) will cost more than the actual plane/hotel/travel expenses.

Tkromer said:
For those who have gone before (not as a vendor but as a spectator), do you go to every day of the show, or is 5 or 6 hours one day going to get your fill and there's nothing worth coming back for. Do they have presentations and stuff, or is it more of a trade show where once you've hit all the booths you're good for the weekend?

Either way I'm concerned that my on-site purchases of hot sauce (especially when I see cool collector bottles or taste something awesome) will cost more than the actual plane/hotel/travel expenses.

It's a trade show, with no presentations, main stage, etc. Just hit the floor and try out all the sauces and products. It doesn't matter if you come hungry, because you'll get your fill of samples throughout the day. :lol: If you like the stuff, be sure to buy a bottle or two (the vendors are people like us and need to make a living, too.:)). Be sure to check out the CaJohn's and DEFCON boothes in particular. Just watching people try out DEFCON sauces is a good afternoon of entertainment just by itself.;):hell:

It's pain-tas-tic!

Hey John, one of these days..

I'd love to walk up...grab a taster of whatever ebil u have....then turn to the guy next to me and go...."hey, it's not that bad..."

Muhahahaaa....;)

If I go, CaJohn's and DefCon will absolutely be at the top of my list, and I'll DEFINITELY support the vendors :) I'll probably end up buying enough stuff I need to FedEx them home...

Tkromer said:
If I go, CaJohn's and DefCon will absolutely be at the top of my list, and I'll DEFINITELY support the vendors :) I'll probably end up buying enough stuff I need to FedEx them home...

These are the type of people I wish there were more of. As Scott said, during the day, it's a trade show, and there are a ton of things to sample. However, another round of fun begins after the show each day, when the manufacturers, bloggers, etc congregate somewhere, and drink many beers.

Mmmmmmmm, beer.......

Oh, and as for shipping the sauces back, it's a VERY good idea! It has happened a few times over the last few years, where the lovely TSA people open select bottles of sauce in your luggage (collectible or not) and sometimes forget to screw the cap on tightly. Just pack a couple flat boxes in your luggage.

Although I do like the main stage and presentation type trade show, I like the idea that this one sounds a little more visitor friendly. The vendors are smaller than your average trade show, and they're "real people" not just corporate guys chosen to represent.

I definitely like the after hours beer idea too!

I'm going. My buddy, Tim, has a brother that lives in Albuquerque. All we have to do is show up.

Cant beat free food and lodging!

Scott Roberts said:
What exactly do you mean? "Make it" as in becoming a successful business?

oooh...nooooo. what I meant was reaching the Mecca of Hot sauces/foods/people in NM where this show is being held.

I dunno if I can afford going there and staying for a week.Actually it is more of a wishful thinking. Sigh sigh

NJA

I think we'd come out Thursday-Monday or something along those lines. I can't afford a whole week off work more than likely, they flip after a long weekend. I'm hopeful...

Is this big enough that we need to get a hotel reasonably far out?

Tkromer said:
I think we'd come out Thursday-Monday or something along those lines. I can't afford a whole week off work more than likely, they flip after a long weekend. I'm hopeful...

Is this big enough that we need to get a hotel reasonably far out?

Thursday night thru Monday morning is all you'll need, IF you wanna try to attend every single day. On Friday, the show is open to the general public at 4PM (trade only at 9 AM), it you may be able to come in on Friday morning.

It never hurts trying to get a hotel room early.

Back