• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Filling Up A 5 gallon Bucket

bucket.jpg

ANY HELP?

Styrofoam, gravel, pebbles, bricks, cat bones, expanda foam, woodchips, OR you could simply cut the top off or fill it to the desired level.

Well I dont want to cut the top. i figure, the bigger the pot, the bigger the plant will grow (provided proper nutrition). so i need something that i guess the roots can grow through (do they actually go all the way to the bottom?)

Yes the roots will given time. Gravel or aggregate is good as it provides drainage. Any reason you cant just fill them up to say 75% capacity?

It gives you the option of topping them up too, they will throw roots out of there trunks as well if you do this.

Do you have any sand or just plain old dirt out of a yard the topsoil on top. But you need about an inch or two of gravel or something on the bottom and small holes on the bottom side edges for drainage through the stone.

Styrofoam, gravel, pebbles, bricks, cat bones, expanda foam, woodchips, OR you could simply cut the top off or fill it to the desired level.

CAT BONES!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But seriously folks. . . gravel, old dirt, spent potting soil, sand, etc. should all be fine to support root growth and save potting mix.

Turn it the wrong way up! :D Im going to experiment with this idea. Poke holes through the can and fill it with compost. Not exactly what you want though.

Back