• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Finally, a good remake!

In general, I hate remakes of movies and bands covering songs on their studio albums (live is different...). But I came across a cover of Genesis's "Land of Confusion" tonight, and I actually think it is really good, both the video and the actual cover. I'm not a Disturbed fan, but since I figured most of us are old enough to remember the original Genesis video (link if you don't remember/never saw), I thought I'd share the new version here.

I am not posting this a political statement, but as a nostalgic thought and another generations take on it. The puppets on the old one are funny (especially the band members), and the animation is just plain cool on the new one.

Do you know, on one hand I wondered if this was spam, given that your username sounds like something to do with TVs and electricals, and then I saw you had 50 posts.

So I took it as a genuine post.

But I'm too young for genesis, so can't help I'm afraid. To me, Phil Collins is just a character to be laughed at in South Park.

Where do Disturbed come into it? And politics?

Disturbed is the band that made the remake, and political in the sense the video (particularly the original Genesis video) cast various world leaders in a negative light.

I went away for a while...I got really busy this summer with stuff. Most of my posts are geared toward chilis...and the SN comes from the band "Dream Theater", and VT because I go to school/teach at Virginia Tech.

Shooty* said:
Do you know, on one hand I wondered if this was spam, given that your username sounds like something to do with TVs and electricals, and then I saw you had 50 posts.
I always thought he liked Dream Theater.

Back