• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Finally getting to Germinate seeds

So I took 14 varities out of the 42 in my seed library and added 8 seeds to the bottles and added water. Going to let the seeds soak for 24 to 48 hours and then place on coffee filters and back into the bottles till its time to plant them. Here's a shot on the bottles:

34e7f62d.jpg

They are

1. Peruvian White Hab
2. Jamaican Hot Chocolate
3. Douglah
4. Fatalii
5. Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
6. Datil
7. Red Savina Hab
8. Jamaican Red Scotch Bonnet
9. Chocolate Hab
10. Black Hab
11. Trinidad Scorpion Yellow
12. 7/Pot Red
13. Bhut Jolokia
14. No heat Jalapeno

As this is my first time growing any and all advice and comments welcome. Thanks Y'all

Cheers,
RM

Cool I just re-started some because the first batch didn't do so good.
This time i went with Lisa Von Saunder's info on starting the seeds & using bleach to kill the stuff you don't want on the seeds.
info here--> http://www.amishlandseeds.com/garden_tips.htm

Thought i would give that method a try.

Forgot to mention ... i would use Sterile soil when you get ready to put them into some dirt.. thats where i messed up first round and had a moss/fungus problem.... so this time if they sprout i use sterile soil or the root riot cubes ....those so far work great and they hold moisture good ..
This is also my first go at growing peppers so we learn as we go :halo:

Very interesting read fishing4fun2, if I have any issues I may have to give that a go too. I'll be going to Lowes on my way home tonight to get some soil to start them in. Thought about using peat pellets and such but I think that good soil and the ole Red Solo Cup with some holes in the bottom for bottom watering might be the way I roll this year. I always save the old pill bottles ad use tham to save my seeds in. I had a bunch laying around and though they might just do the trick for germinating so I guess this is also an experiment.

Heres hoping all of our tests work out and we get bumper crops this year.

RocketMan first time i tried the "peat pellets" i did not have good results at all....maybe my fault that 90% of them didn't make the transplant into the pellets but if you ask me i would say avoid them unless you have extra time to baby sit them...only because they can dry out so fast and the first time you don't catch it then its to late because there beyond repair and dead ...
those root riot i talked about are a bit different then the peat pellets there kind of like a sponge material that holds the water longer then the peat .... and for the soil ... i put the soil in a turkey oven bag and put it in the oven at 190 Degrees for 35 min to sterilize it..just if you do that make sure you don't get the soil in the oven over 200 degrees as that can be a bad thing also... then take it out keep it covered until it cools off then your ready to use it...
Nice idea with the pill bottles i ended up using plastic shot glasses to soak mine in..
And i also went with the coffee filters this time around.....the first time i went with these lady face makeup cotton type face pads and they work great Except the seed sprouts then the baby roots dug into the Pads and then it made it much harder to get the seeds/root apart from the pads..

Man you got quite the list of peppers going there hope it all works out for you..
Vic

Back