• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Finally got something to pick

Frist rain free day in a good while.

Thai_Hot.jpg

FiveStar said:
What variety is that? Is it Cheyenne?

It's seed from Park's called "Giant Thai Hot" that I overwintered from last year and repotted to a 7 gal last month. It's a pain to pick but produces like mad. Dunno where the "giant" name came from cause it's the smallest pepper I grow.

Nice plant mate, i wonder if it is related to this one.

myplants001.jpg

Would be good if they were the same as i have been trying to identify this plant for friggin ages!

Novacastrian said:
Nice plant mate, i wonder if it is related to this one.

myplants001.jpg

Would be good if they were the same as i have been trying to identify this plant for friggin ages!

Nice plant! They do look similar, although your peppers seem to have a slightly sharper pointed end. Very possible they're related.

SumOfMyBits said:
I've run out of witty things to say, but THAT is one impressive plate... is that China?

Nope, it's Corelle by Corning; much tougher than china and will withstand drunken spills. :) It's getting pretty old (probably around 25+ years) and could barely make out the print on the bottom.

Looks like pepper flowers, doesn't it?

SumOfMyBits said:
Meek thinks mead kneed sum knabenits full of kthese right ka-now.;)

You didn't eat those shrooms did ya? LOL

:idea: Top dress your tainer with cow manure and grow magic shrooms in the shade of the pepper plant. ;)

great looking plant Allen...is it a first year overwinter?

I had an overwinter orange hab last year produce over 2000 pods...it didn't make it this year and am curious about the production of 3rd and on overwintered plant pod production...

only overwinters I have this year are three tepins that lived outside during temps down to 19.5F....

Nice looking plant, overwintering is the way to go. Lots of pods all year with minimal effort. Those pods don't look that small to me though, almost Fresno-like. What do they taste like?

AlabamaJack said:
great looking plant Allen...is it a first year overwinter?

I had an overwinter orange hab last year produce over 2000 pods...it didn't make it this year and am curious about the production of 3rd and on overwintered plant pod production...

only overwinters I have this year are three tepins that lived outside during temps down to 19.5F....

Yup, this is a second year plant and also my second year of tainer growin'. This plant produced like this its first year too and well into the winter months with very little sun indoors.

2000 peppers from one plant is a great harvest! I've never counted mine before..... gets up....walks over to plate... one..two..three.., there were 89 in that first harvest. Reminds self to keep running tally. :)

Ii dropped down to 16F here this past winter and frosted last late in the first week of April, but I brought some to save indoors. I overwintered 4 plants, the Thai Hot above, a Naga Morich, one I'm unsure of the type, and one that I believe is a Datil (tipped seed tray last year and scrambled labels). :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting on the "Datil" to produce pods and when it does will post pics to get a positive ID.

There is no doubt about the Morich and it has pods, but none ripe yet. :onfire:

The mystery pepper has green pods too and will post pics when ripe to hopefully get help identifying it.

bigt said:
Nice looking plant, overwintering is the way to go. Lots of pods all year with minimal effort. Those pods don't look that small to me though, almost Fresno-like. What do they taste like?

Well, most are no where near as small as tobasco, but not as large as the naga or my mystery pepper. I guess size is relative and I only grew cheyenne, anaheim, jalapeno, serrano, habs and bell peppers before last year. I guess I was expecting more from a plant labeled "Giant" :lol:

They taste a lot like a serrano, only a little hotter.

AlabamaJack said:

C'mon, AJ! You told us the precise number of pods!:lol:

Silver_Surfer said:
...will post pics to get a positive ID....

... and will post pics when ripe to hopefully get help identifying it.

DO IT! Chilifarmer's duty No. 1: POST PICS!:lol:

Back