• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Finally got them outside!

Well the weather finally started working with me and I was able to plant out all of my plants on Monday. I put them all in 5 gallon buckets with plenty of holes drilled in the sides. I put my prized Bhut Jolokia in a 7 gallon pot to give it some more room. That thing has probably around 60-70 buds on it already. Well here are the pics! (sorry for the poor quality)

outside.jpg

bhutjolokia.jpg

plants look very good...tip...put the pots in something to hold a little water and "insulate" them from the deck...the deck will transfer heat to the containers and IMO will slow your growth if they get too hot...probably not bad now, but for this summer it will be...

plants look very good...tip...put the pots in something to hold a little water and "insulate" them from the deck...the deck will transfer heat to the containers and IMO will slow your growth if they get too hot...probably not bad now, but for this summer it will be...

Makes sense. So, maybe some pallets or something?

Makes sense. So, maybe some pallets or something?

pallets would work but if your wife is like mine (assuming you are married), she would want something more "eye pleasing"...just anything to get them up off the deck...heck, even a piece of 5/8-3/4" insulation board cut to the size of the bottom would work fine...and that's cheap

pallets would work but if your wife is like mine (assuming you are married), she would want something more "eye pleasing"...just anything to get them up off the deck...heck, even a piece of 5/8-3/4" insulation board cut to the size of the bottom would work fine...and that's cheap

Cool that's simple enough.

Huh, never thought about that. Guess I should do the same for my buckets sitting on concrete. I have pretty much the same setup as you, Wolf (though my plant don't look nearly as nice yet).

Yep, I'm pretty excited to have the spare bedroom back. Only one has had a slight case of sunburn, but I put him behind the shed to stay in the shade and get indirect light for a while.

My plants on the patio suffer way more in the heat than do the ones in the yard. They're ornamentals, so I don't really care, but the difference is striking.

AJ is right on top of it!
I have always placed them off to the side of the garden and right on the grass. The funny thing is the grass always grew back as if nothing ever happened. We're going to start bringing them out to our little greenhouse this weekend. Last spring I lost almost 100 plants from frost so I'm still a little gun shy!

Your plants look great and for me that's what I call kicking off the season!!

Ok so here is an update.

All of the plants. Moved them off of the patio onto the grass per the advice. They are thankful.

photo8.jpg

Baby Bonda Ma Jaques

photo10.jpg

Supposed to be Bhut Jolokia. Any ideas?

photo9.jpg

Same "Bhut Jolokia" cut open.

photo11.jpg

Back