• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Finally - I ate a whole Jonah

Fark yeah!
I finally (After about 6 beers) munched a whole 7 Pot Jonah - it wasn't as hot on my mouth as I thought it would be (Although these are the end of the season pods that have literally been rained on virtually constantly for a couple of weeks now and the temps aren't above 80oF)... I felt like my stomach needed a release valve though! :D
BOOM.

Great job! If you can eat a whole jonah you can eat anything. It is in my top 5 hottest. And if I remember correctly worst throat burn of anything I have had.

Great job! If you can eat a whole jonah you can eat anything. It is in my top 5 hottest. And if I remember correctly worst throat burn of anything I have had.
It has to be said, though - Jonahs taste like battery acid and the Scorpions have an absolutely beautiful flavour.
The Rocottos are farken hot too! Habanero Gambia - ish! :)
I am so going to sample my way through chillis when I get to Latin America in July :D

I will have to disagree with you on the taste of the Jonah. I thought it was very fruity - but definitely the hottest thing I've grown so far. Far worse than any bhut or naga morich.

quote name='ChilliNZ' timestamp='1306559432' post='459073']
It has to be said, though - Jonahs taste like battery acid and the Scorpions have an absolutely beautiful flavour.
The Rocottos are farken hot too! Habanero Gambia - ish! :)
I am so going to sample my way through chillis when I get to Latin America in July :D
[/quote]

Important point to be made here - Chilli's are what they eat. Feed them crap like Thrive, Osmicote, Aquasol, Miracle Grow etc and you can expect them to taste like a lab experiment. Alternatively, give them good wholesome organic ferts and taste the sweetness. A freind of mine was telling me how is chilli's were metallic tasting and then followed my advice. A moth later his said same chillies were radically different. Sweet and fruity as opposed to metallic tasting crap

Back