• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping FINALLY! In my first grocery store!

Congrats!

This is probably asking a lot and far to long to explain, but how long did it take for you to get to this point? How did you start out? How did you even get the store to carry your products? I see a lot of people who make there own sauce and seem to be doing ok, but don't really ever get past the trade show/online sales portion of it all. I ask cause I make my own but have since backed off from trying to pursue it due to how saturated the sauce market seems now days.

Congrats brother - that's cool stuff. I felt the same exact way not long ago seeing my products on a store shelf. It's a great feeling. Keep the mojo flowin! 

sosl0w said:
Congrats!

This is probably asking a lot and far to long to explain, but how long did it take for you to get to this point? How did you start out? How did you even get the store to carry your products? I see a lot of people who make there own sauce and seem to be doing ok, but don't really ever get past the trade show/online sales portion of it all. I ask cause I make my own but have since backed off from trying to pursue it due to how saturated the sauce market seems now days.

I started my whole sauce making in my kitchen in 2010 just messing around with Yummy orange mini bells? something like that. i just made a nacho sauce and it was a HIT with my friends. then i developed beebomb and hornetbomb simultaneously because my grocery store started carrying red and orange habaneros. I got into the grocery store because they LOVE locally made products, but also because my grandfather has his honey in there (thats also where i get the honey for my sauces). all in all it took about 3 and a half years TOTAL. about 2.5 R&D and then another year of being legit (being registered with PA Dept of agriculture) and very agressive marketing. so why dont you buy some? lol. http://www.pexpeppers.com and use the coupon GROCERYSTORE for 20% off

Well done ...out of interest... How many units are you looking at shifting before you need to increase production to a larger scale?? I imagine scaling up production on a sauce or product is where the more intricate details and tough marketing begins

Trippa said:
Well done ...out of interest... How many units are you looking at shifting before you need to increase production to a larger scale?? I imagine scaling up production on a sauce or product is where the more intricate details and tough marketing begins
~10,000 a year needs FDA approval.  IIRC

Back