• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Finally, we have success

After having to hand pollinate every plant I had in my grow tent, I've finally got some fruit action.

2599301476_99ee9b45f9.jpg

Bhut Jolokia flower

2599301256_2de250487f.jpg

Bhut Jolokia pod

Temps in the grow tent only get to about 28 - 29 degrees during the day, don't want to crank the heater up too high. Wonder how hot the pods will be ;)

very nice Milk_Man...enjoy the Bhuts and be ready for the burn...keep up with the time from new pod to ripe pod...I would be curious about that to compare with what I will see on the bhuts...my bhuts are trying to recover but are not doing as well as my other plants are...

MiLK_MaN said:
After having to hand pollinate every plant I had in my grow tent, I've finally got some fruit action.

Yes, I have plants that are not producing much pollen, and some flowers dont produce any at all... So I have to collect the ones that have fallen off and build up pollen from many flowers onto my fingernail and then deposit this onto the open flowers at the Pistil.

It's the only way I can get fruit set and some flowers are not even settable because the damn Pistil is recessed too far into the flower.

*sigh*

Since hand pollinating, the bhut's, scotch bonnets and californian wonder are all going nicely. The only thing that I'm having troubles with now is a red savina, but that seems to be due to a lack of flowers rather than lack of pollination.

Have 25 varieties to grow in Spring now, somehow I dont think I'll fit all of those in my tent ;)

Back