• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fire breathing idiot

Mr. Barrus is a performer beloved by many.  People think his stunts are insane, but then there is that TV show and movies called Jackass.  I think there was one episode of Jackass where they let someone throw darts at his abdomen.  Thinking if I had a choice, I would smoke the Carolina Reaper before letting someone put holes in my body.

Was surprised to see all the marijuana reviews on his Youtube channel.  Haven't been there in much time.  Between that, his appearance in this video, and something he said about retiring I get the feeling maybe he is not in great health.  If so, I really wish him well.  He has made my jaw drop a time or two.

AJ Drew said:
Mr. Barrus is a performer beloved by many.  People think his stunts are insane, but then there is that TV show and movies called Jackass.  I think there was one episode of Jackass where they let someone throw darts at his abdomen.  Thinking if I had a choice, I would smoke the Carolina Reaper before letting someone put holes in my body.

Was surprised to see all the marijuana reviews on his Youtube channel.  Haven't been there in much time.  Between that, his appearance in this video, and something he said about retiring I get the feeling maybe he is not in great health.  If so, I really wish him well.  He has made my jaw drop a time or two.
Those are some kind words, AJ, and i know Ted isn't the most popular guy among THP folks, so that's saying something.  I've learned a thing or 2 from his earlier reviews, and the more extreme/attention-seeking stuff he's done lately has elicited more sympathy than scorn from me.  I'm aware that he rubbed a lot of folks the wrong way while being a member here, and I can understand that there's going to be consequences for that, but i kinda just worry about the guy...

Anyway, just wanna give "thumbs-up" to AJ for being a gentleman, and i gotta add that i won't be doing bong hits with any chiles anytime soon. :high:  :rolleyes:

AJ Drew said:

Nothing for or against the guy, just thought this vid would give people a laugh :) it is a bit on the extreme side though

Bicycle808 said:
Those are some kind words, AJ, and i know Ted isn't the most popular guy among THP folks, so that's saying something.

The man has never done me a disservice, but I can see how some folk might not like his brand of entertainment.  Some folk like opera.  Some folk like jazz.  Willing to be he has lots of fans.  Besides, I rubbed a few people wrong when I first go here.  I got booted, came back and made lots of friends.  Maybe the same sort of thing but he didnt come back.

It's newsworthy.

fire_breathing_idiot_ny_post.png

AJ Drew said:

You know, I have no idea why.  In the UK, Australia, and other countries the news media is talking about things like Russia warning its people about potential nuclear war right around the corner.  Here in the United States, they are going crazy about one of the Kardashians getting mugged.

Sad, is it not?

But, it is exactly what the Progressive Left wants.

Distraction.

While we indulge our ghoulish appetite for the misfortune of others, the Progessive Left is eroding the moral fabric of America; through the media, through 'social networking' (a cancer if there ever was one), and most disturbing, through the educational system.

AJ Drew said:

You know, I have no idea why.  In the UK, Australia, and other countries the news media is talking about things like Russia warning its people about potential nuclear war right around the corner.  Here in the United States, they are going crazy about one of the Kardashians getting mugged.
Austrailian media is rediculous. I work with two Russians and they are nothing like the media portrays them to be. They are great guys who both love Australia and America too, but you'd never think that was possible based on the perception the media gives you.

I used to have respect for his older videos that were reasonably informative and gave people info about sauce and seed companies.
The loud and brash running his mouth all the time was tolerable as it made him entertaining to much of his audience.
It seems he has gone completely off the rails though and i struggle to watch anything by him anymore. Its a shame to see.

His new video has somewhere between 400k to 500k views where many of these people get less than 1000. He may do crazy things now a days, but he is getting massive views on this one. He also made news in, I think, the New York Times media. Regardless on what you think about him, or what he does, he is becoming the most famous for what he does. I must have missed what bad things he might have done here. I remember his FBI on his username, but it was only last year that I saw my first video. As far as good informative videos, I think Nigel is still the king! He gets into more detailed tastes than anyone else. Hell, he is tasting tastes in peppers that I can't even detect. Tom

I oulined my opinion of him when reviewing his sauce.
I watch his reviews from time to time and, while I take them with a pinch of salt, I do find his oppinions somewhat helpful. I also respect his chilli eating ability. What I have no interest in, however, are his sensationalist overacting, approach and video editing. Half of why my reviews are written is to not get the crowd of sadistic onlookers his videos cater most to.

Jase4224 said:
Austrailian media is rediculous. I work with two Russians and they are nothing like the media portrays them to be. They are great guys who both love Australia and America too, but you'd never think that was possible based on the perception the media gives you.
Was in the military during Cold War.  Literally on the wall in Germany.  East German and Russian military shopped in our PX, we trained with each other, we drank and ate with each other.  None of them wanted any of the crap our politicians seemed to want.  Nothing was like we were raised to believe.  It was unreal.  I dont think it is just Australian media.  I think it is media in general.

Well, I just saw the video pop up again on Facebook. 17 million views. Whether you like him or not, this one made him fairly well known, if not famous. I don't think I want to be famous for doing something stupid, but I'm not a fire breathing idiot either.

cycadjungle said:
Well, I just saw the video pop up again on Facebook. 17 million views. Whether you like him or not, this one made him fairly well known, if not famous. I don't think I want to be famous for doing something stupid, but I'm not a fire breathing idiot either.
Funny because my wife and friends want a video camera on me at all times because they want to share with others the see the stupid things I do.

Back