• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fire in a box!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried this "Fire in a box" seed set from pepperjoes.com? Just wondering on how good his seeds are, and if it is a good deal. Here's a link to the product. It's about 10% down the page.Pepper Joes

Also, what bout www.seedrack.com? I looked at the sticky thread, and didn't see it on the "recommended list". They seem to have some good prices/seed ratios.

dont buy from seedrack or pepperjoes, best bet is from pepperlover.com or thehippyseedcompany.com or from asking members on here for seed, the 2 places you listed and well known for screwing people over on what they ordered and what they actually get. and to be honest $44 for basically a few bhut seeds and a bunch of common habanero types is a rip off, most of those seeds you can get from people here for free or for the cost of a stamp lol

Okay, thanks for the heads up. I'm just trying to find "The Black Pearl Pepper" and can only find it on seedracks website. :/

Okay, thanks for the heads up. I'm just trying to find "The Black Pearl Pepper" and can only find it on seedracks website. :/

no prob man, ask around here Im sure someone can hook ya up, its a fairly common ornamental even sold by park seeds http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/PD/3953/ pepper joe just likes to make his stuff sound special and sometimes even makes his own names up lol I hate to talk bad about the guy but hes like the used car sales of pepper seeds he's got a great sales pitch and a bunch of lines of BS lol

Thank you everyone for your help! I am putting my orders in tomorrow morning, through the hippy seed co. and park seeds. :woohoo:

dont buy from seedrack or pepperjoes, best bet is from pepperlover.com or thehippyseedcompany.com or from asking members on here for seed, the 2 places you listed and well known for screwing people over on what they ordered and what they actually get. and to be honest $44 for basically a few bhut seeds and a bunch of common habanero types is a rip off, most of those seeds you can get from people here for free or for the cost of a stamp lol
Well hey that sounds great! If anyone is willing to "donate" some seeds to a newbie/fresh grower, I'd gladly pay the shipping or whatever. :)

I have bought Pepper Joes.
Had good germ rates still young so i have no fruit set yet.
I had no idea he had a bad rep.
Hey wickedmojo where at in central fl are you from?
do you know of any chille events around here?
Its nice to see people in my general area that have the same interest.

This is the second year I have planted seeds from Pepper Joe, and I currently have 22 healthy plants from his seeds.
Last year(2010)I had nearly 100% germination rates and great yield, so I Harvested some of the seeds for this season grow list.

5-Chiltepins (2nd Generation seed)
2-Fluorescent Purple ( 2nd Generation seed)
3-Poblano (2nd Generation seed)

So,this year(2011) I bought a few more varieties from Pepper Joe.
And once again I am very pleased with his product and customer service.When ever I have sent him an e-mail or had a question, the response has been quick and on the mark.
I always get what I order, along with a couple packages of extra seeds.

3-Anaheim
2-Chicago Sport
5-Giant Ghost Bhut Jalokia
2-Giant Jalapeno

While the Giant Jalapeno seeds didn't germinate as well all the others,and the plants aren't doing as well as I'd hoped....each of the other 3 varieties are doing exceptionally well.

Especially the Giant Bhut Jalokia.
The Bhut's were slow to germinate....but I eventually realized 100%, and the plants are growing like crazy, already setting blooms and to date, are beautiful examples.
I'm sorry to see some of the negative comments, because I've had absolutely nothing but positive experiences in my dealings with Pepper Joe. I have success with his products, appreciate his service, and will gladly purchase from his company when the need arises.

Try Hippy they stock Black pearl and are awesome to deal with

The Hippy Seed Company

+1

I just placed an order with Hippy for next years season. Very friendly people over there and they responded right away.

I sent an email to pepperlover 4 days ago but no word back yet. A lot of her stuff was out of stock so I wanted to know when the best time to order from her was but I never got a response yet.

Ordered all of my seeds from Joe as I really didn't know any better at the time. Aside from several mystery peppers I have no complaints whatsoever about his seeds, germination rates were close to 100%. That being said,I will definitely be going with thehippyseedcompany or another more reputable source for my next go. The way I see it, companies get good (and bad) reputations for a reason.

You looking for seeds to this pepper?

DSCN0835.jpg

black pearl pepper, the thread starter said he was interested in some seeds from this pepper. Just cheking to make sure we were talking about the same pepper.

black pearl pepper, the thread starter said he was interested in some seeds from this pepper. Just cheking to make sure we were talking about the same pepper.
Thanks...I've not seen one before. Cool looking leaves and pods.I might have to check them out next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back