• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Firebox Hot Sauce

Recently I picked up a bottle of Firebox Hot Sauce.  It is absolutely delicious, and the heat caught me just a little off guard too.  

Ingredients: Fresh habanero peppers, vinegar, fresh lime juice, fresh onion, fresh garlic, evaporated cane juice, xanthan gum.

The habanero and garlic really stand out on this one.   I just slathered a piece of chicken with it, and I am just about to go get another one.   :)

firebox-hot-sauce_1_std.jpg

From the product description:

B&O Railroad Fire Box Hot Sauce will fire up your engine. Named after the hottest place on an old steam engine, this sauce has a smokey flavor with aged peppers to achieve a fiery old school blend that will certainly light a bit of fire in you.

All of the sauces in the B&O Railroad line of products are licensed under the B&O Railroad museum and crafted to perfection to bring forth the nostalgia of the old railroad days when the work was hard and the food was hot. By the way, railroad workers really appreciated spicy sauces because they were often far from cities and "normal" food. So, adding a bit of flavor to otherwise bland, massed produced, mobile galley food was welcome. At best, it would at least create the illusion of a decent meal. At worst, it would mask the otherwise horrible taste of the "chef's" creation.

Nowadays, thankfully, we have sauces like B&O Railroad Fire Box Hot Sauce to enhance the already great flavor of our dishes. We at  Peppers of Key West appreciate nostalgia. If you've visited us you know our store is in one of the oldest buildings in Key West. Because of that appreciation and the appreciation for the craftsmanship that has gone into the creation of B&O Railroad sauces, we love this sauce and often use it to get our engines fired up.

I have gone through most of a bottle just this week.  When I swing back through Charleston, I am going to have to load up on it.  I have been very impressed with it.

Back